I have two browsers on my blackberry bold. WAP Browser and Internet Browser.

What is the difference between the two? I notice that when my wifi is on if I go in internet browser it automatically uses wifi. However my wap browser does not. Also when I add bookmarks there is an option to save for wap, internet or hotspot browser.

Thanks
    07-10-09 07:05 AM
    I have only ever used Internet Browser for both data and wifi. I have no idea what the purpose of the other browsers are.
    07-10-09 07:16 AM
    I have two browsers on my blackberry bold. WAP Browser and Internet Browser.

What is the difference between the two? I notice that when my wifi is on if I go in internet browser it automatically uses wifi. However my wap browser does not. Also when I add bookmarks there is an option to save for wap, internet or hotspot browser.

Thanks
    I thought there were four: Internet, BlackBerry, WAP, and Hotspot. I have mine set to BlackBerry because certain sites will recognize that you are using a BlackBerry and provide content accordingly.
    07-10-09 07:22 AM
    I thought there were four: Internet, BlackBerry, WAP, and Hotspot. I have mine set to BlackBerry because certain sites will recognize that you are using a BlackBerry and provide content accordingly.
    The Internet Browser can be set to Blackberry, IE, or FF.
    07-10-09 07:31 AM
    For att... Wap browser let's you access your account details at the bottom of the homepage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 09:47 AM
    The Internet Browser can be set to Blackberry, IE, or FF.
    Yep, and that's the Browser Identification option on the browser config page for having sites ID you as a BB user. But I have the first, Browser option on the config page set to BB Browser, not IE (or WAP or Hotspot).
    07-10-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD