Heya

As I'm sure lots of you do, I spend a fair amount of time staying updated with the various new blackberrys that are coming up. They all look pretty damn cool of course, but it doesn't yet seem that there is anything that's going to be the Bold II or anything similar.

So, crackberry nation...

Where are we going after bold ?

Personally, I'm really happy with mine, and I genuinely find it hard to think of anything that'd be an upgrade to it. Storm is obviously a different beast entirely, and aside from just getting more memory and cpu power, what could be better than what we have now ?

Feel free to throw out any random thoughts and theories. Am just trying to get some discussion going.
    07-24-09 10:30 AM
    Search: ONYX
    07-24-09 10:38 AM
    Already lots of threads on this.
    07-24-09 10:39 AM
    Not that I could see tbh, least not in the top ten-fifteen pages of this forum. Plus theres a pretty big thread in the Onyx forum about how Onyx isn't really the next bold.

So you know...
    07-24-09 10:44 AM
    Not that I could see tbh, least not in the top ten-fifteen pages of this forum. Plus theres a pretty big thread in the Onyx forum about how Onyx isn't really the next bold.

So you know...
    There is no "next bold" you asked "what comes AFTER the bold" Ans: ONYX. It's along the 9000 line.

Some look at it as an upgrade, some as BoldII, some as another phone in the 9000 series. Look at it how you want, but it's next.
    07-24-09 10:49 AM
    I'm not asking whats next in a numerical sense. I mean what sort of thing can we expect to see from a next generation bold, even if its not called a bold.

Eventually the time will come for us all to upgrade, and when that time comes what about the bold do you think will have been changed/upgraded.

Sorry if i wasn't specific enough originally.
    07-24-09 10:56 AM
    I'm not asking whats next in a numerical sense. I mean what sort of thing can we expect to see from a next generation bold, even if its not called a bold.

Eventually the time will come for us all to upgrade, and when that time comes what about the bold do you think will have been changed/upgraded.

Sorry if i wasn't specific enough originally.
    Again: ONYX
    07-24-09 10:58 AM
    Ok... Assuming you're not being intentionally unfriendly, what about the onyx do you see as being significantly in advance of the bold ?

As the buzz seems to be that the onyx is the sister of the bold, I was more looking for ideas as to the probable route for RIM to take with the next generation after Onyx, specifically relating towards 4g and other such capabilities.
    07-24-09 11:23 AM
    Try the Pluto.
    Bold with a touchscreen!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bla...-rumor-128994/
    07-24-09 11:25 AM
    Looks like a funky concept. I suppose will need to wait a while until there's more concrete information but certainly looks to be a new feature.

Do you think that the touch screen would radically change how the device will be to use ? It strikes me that although it'll be good for traversing menus and such, since the core of the device is the keyboard, even down to how it sits in the hand, and it might be slightly awkward to combine using the keyboard and the screen.
    07-24-09 11:37 AM
    I don't know about touchscreen. There's a reason I didn't get a iPhone or the Storm. I like the keyboard. As far as updates are conserned look for a better camera, lager screen (maybe higher resolution but that's hard to imagine). And hopefully they move the right convienence key to another position because it's a pain to push it when in the crackberry position (two hands- thumbs typing away.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 11:41 AM
    I agree with you about that. I will admit I'm not huge with touchscreens, and when I got my bold a little while back I chose it over all the other touch screen gadgety just because I feel at home with buttons.

I certainly think that the addition will be useful, since you could sketch or use gestures to browse with, but I really don't know to what extent it would change every day use.

07-24-09 11:49 AM
    07-24-09 12:36 PM
    Hmmm... I'm a bit skeptical about the specs, if only because it still claims 128mb of ram, and no news on the processor. I kinda doubt that a device slated for some time in 2010 and likely to be a flagship device would have the same basic specs.

At least I HOPE so :P

07-24-09 12:50 PM
    Blackberry Rumors & News forum will tell you about all the new upcoming BB's after the bold from the ONYX to the DAKOTA

Last edited by ALpHa.Q.RoUgH; 07-24-09 at 01:38 PM.
    07-24-09 01:36 PM
    I suppose it was hopelessly optimistic of me to try and spark a discussion on what specifically about the bold we want to see improvement on by posting in the bold forum. Astonishingly I am aware of the other boards, just as what I asked was as much to do with 'what's wrong with the bold' as it has to do with what devices are to come, I posted in here.

Gotta love the internet .

07-24-09 01:49 PM
    Phones are like cars. The next phone that will be in the Bold class is whatever comes out next with thw 9xxx designation. If it's the Onyx, then it's the Onyx.

Personally I would like to see BlackBerry come out with a full touch with slide out, 5 line keyboard.
    Last edited by LittleRedDot; 07-24-09 at 01:58 PM.
    07-24-09 01:55 PM
    There is no "next bold" you asked "what comes AFTER the bold" Ans: ONYX. It's along the 9000 line.

Some look at it as an upgrade, some as BoldII, some as another phone in the 9000 series. Look at it how you want, but it's next.
    To add to this, there is nothing out there better then a bold or even thought of at this minute.

Any new phone produced including the Onyx and the Tour and the Niagra and the Thunder..... lol ..... is and never will be better then the BOLD.

Rim has made a champion with the bold, so no need to make another champion yet as Apple has not even matched the likes of the Bold.
    07-24-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD