Since my Bold has been involved in some very heavy use since I got it - my white trackball has begun to look used and discolored (sorry, I work every day and can't get to wash my hands before each use as I would like to).

Anyway - I am thinking about changing my trackball to another one of those really cool colors. So - if you have a different color one installed in your divice - please let me see how it looks.

I need to see it when it's lit up.

Thanks a mil!

Peace
    07-23-09 04:08 AM
    Black here. Colored trackballs don't light up...
    07-23-09 04:51 AM
    the red is a nice red when unlit, lit it looks more of an orange(not a fan)
    blue i don't like unlit because it's a very dark blue which i don't like against the black front of the bold but the lit blue is very nice.
    black is nice but doesn't light up.
    i have a replacement "oem" white track ball now so going to see if it stays cleaner longer since it's prob not oem.
    i got them from cnn.cn
    07-23-09 06:24 AM
    Lol...how many threads do we have on this same subject? Every thread is just the same...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 07:02 AM
    Mine is black
    07-23-09 10:07 AM
    mine is normal but with blue light.so it becomes blue/transparant blue..
    07-23-09 10:33 AM
    i saw another post about dirty track balls before, and one person detail how to take it apart and bleach it or somethin, goodluck
    07-23-09 10:41 AM
    i saw another post about dirty track balls before, and one person detail how to take it apart and bleach it or somethin, goodluck
    Mine will stay dirty...lol mess around and have to buy a new phone...lmao
    07-23-09 10:46 AM
    Black here. Colored trackballs don't light up...
    Some colored trackballs do light up.
    For instance, my green from truesupplier.com lights up a ton, it's very bright.
    Yours probably doesn't because it is dark black.
    And there have also been complaints about the red trackball almost looking pink when lit up.
    07-23-09 10:57 AM
    Lol...how many threads do we have on this same subject? Every thread is just the same...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is not the same thread as the others. I checked before I started this one. I know that many of you have different colored trackballs on your devices and, I want to see pictures of these trackballs on the BlackBerry bold while they are lit up so I can see what they look like in action. This will help me make a decision about what color to change mine too.

I know that the black trackballs don't light up, but some of the other ones do.

Thanks.

Peace...
    07-23-09 11:32 AM
    Nice thread

btw mine is White
    07-23-09 12:40 PM
    Dodo brown trackball here.
    07-23-09 12:41 PM
    and no one posted pics as stated in the title of this thread @$$ h@+$
    07-23-09 01:51 PM
    and no one posted pics as stated in the title of this thread @$$ h@+$
    I was afraid to say anything else. *thinkin* there must be a reading comprehension problem going on in here or something. LOL
    07-23-09 02:03 PM
    Lol I didn't want to post mine because frankly I've posted it in like 3 or 4 thread very recently and I didn't want people to get sick of it, but, here:

This is really the only one where it's kind of lit up (I had flash on though).
    It's a green trackball from truesupplier. When lit up in person, to be honest it almost gives off a skyblue look. But when not lit up, it's definitely dark green. I like it. But, then again, I don't mind sky blue much either...so it's kind of like getting two colors I like in one, depending on if I'm in a ton of light or not. :P

I'll try to post a better pic without flash in a dark setting.
    07-23-09 02:13 PM
    Lol I didn't want to post mine because frankly I've posted it in like 3 or 4 thread very recently and I didn't want people to get sick of it, but, here:

This is really the only one where it's kind of lit up (I had flash on though).
    It's a green trackball from truesupplier. When lit up in person, to be honest it almost gives off a skyblue look. But when not lit up, it's definitely dark green. I like it. But, then again, I don't mind sky blue much either...so it's kind of like getting two colors I like in one, depending on if I'm in a ton of light or not. :P

I'll try to post a better pic without flash in a dark setting.
    Thanks for the pic. I like this green ball.

Peace...
    07-23-09 02:20 PM

Hopefully this gives you a better idea. Just took them.

edit: (Some aren't showing up now for some reason.)
    http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5867/cimg2681.jpg
    http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/736/cimg2682.jpg
    http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/6655/cimg2684.jpg
    http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1017/cimg2687.jpg
    Last edited by Jonneh; 07-23-09 at 03:00 PM.
    07-23-09 02:26 PM
    Mine is red like my battery cover I just dyed my oem one with rit dye, it worked awesome!!

Last edited by BBGirl88; 07-23-09 at 03:00 PM.
    07-23-09 02:56 PM
    Mine is red like my battery cover I just dyed my oem one with rit dye, it worked awesome!!

I think I will dye mine using the Rit dye. I like the way yours looks in the pic. My Bold is skinned with one of those sticker skins I got from Decalgurl.com. It is read also and I think a red trackball woiuld go nicely with it.

Did you take your trackball out to dye it?

Peace
    07-24-09 04:45 PM
    After 4 months of usage my track ball is a little off white it all.
    07-24-09 05:21 PM
    My trackball is black when not lit up, but it lights up white. Its kinda weird :O
    07-24-09 08:06 PM
    My trackball is black when not lit up, but it lights up white. Its kinda weird :O
    That is how the white trackballs are then they are dirty.
    07-24-09 11:09 PM
    this is mine..
    07-24-09 11:29 PM
    now mine is different..ill post u another picture..wait n see..
    07-24-09 11:31 PM
    I think I will dye mine using the Rit dye. I like the way yours looks in the pic. My Bold is skinned with one of those sticker skins I got from Decalgurl.com. It is read also and I think a red trackball woiuld go nicely with it.

Did you take your trackball out to dye it?

Peace
    I had to take the trackball apart completely and then put it back together again. If you do this be sure to mark what side is what to make your life easier. Crackberry has a bunch of different threads on how to do it.
    07-25-09 01:02 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD