So, my blackberry WAS nuked...and now I fixed it through the tutorials here on crackberry. Its been only a few days and my berry started to keep reseting itself for a minute...now its good again...I thought it was nuked again...I just wanted to know...what are the causes of a blackberry being nuked? Could it be the OS? Apps..? What is it?
    07-18-10 12:15 AM
    Well yes, and yes....
    There's so many root causes for a brick, but the great thing is, rare cause for a permanently nuked device. Most nukes I'd say are either from a screwed up install, or fall under thw heading of "crap happens".
    07-18-10 12:23 AM
    ....that's great help.
    07-18-10 03:20 AM
    1) If it is new, get a warranty exchange.
    2) One of the reasons for your problem is a conflict with one of your apps or themes.
    DELETE ALL your third party apps and themes.
    Do a battery pull.
    (You might have to wipe and re-install the OS.)
    Test the phone.
    If no problem, then, leave it alone for few days before adding back apps and themes one at a time. Test time a few days between.
    07-18-10 12:14 PM
    I would just reinstall your OS and then manually restore your address book, calendar etc using DM and advanced restore process. if this works then try reinstalling your third party apps. You can probably just go ahead and download any apps that are from reputable developers (pandora, google maps, etc.) because those apps are used by so many the problems would already be reported.
    07-18-10 12:36 PM
    Trev9065 ..
    Unfortunately there are several well used programs that mess up the OS. Two in mind that wiped out my battery were the 'player for youtube' and 'pandora'. There were several forgotten others that locked-up the phone until a battery pull. From my own experience, third party apps are the leading cause of 9000 problems.
    Last edited by mandony; 07-18-10 at 01:27 PM.
    07-18-10 01:03 PM
    So, my blackberry WAS nuked...and now I fixed it through the tutorials here on crackberry. Its been only a few days and my berry started to keep reseting itself for a minute...now its good again...I thought it was nuked again...I just wanted to know...what are the causes of a blackberry being nuked? Could it be the OS? Apps..? What is it?
    how did you re-instal your OS? please show me the link because my BB 9900 just got nuked now and i have tried the methods i know several times on different BB's i have owned over the years and it has worked, but those methods are refusing to work in my BB 9900. can someone please help me. it usually stops at the "connecting to boot ROM" stage (using app loader).
    08-20-11 01:37 PM
    i think its my USB connection that is having some serious issues because i just installed DM and 9900 update on a different PC and apploader worked like a charm..
    08-20-11 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD