What is that BB king of logo that appears next to signal and Wifi signal .

I appeared to me yesterday night but not appearing now ..

Can anyone clarify this to me.
    08-04-11 08:02 AM
    To be more clear if we go to website it will be between 3G and carrier signal
    What is that?
    08-04-11 08:23 AM
    It is always present on mine. Don't know if its when its shows only when in 3G or not but I've never not seen it. Sorry I know that was absolutely no help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 08:27 AM
    If I'm clear as to what yall are referring to, it means your BIS is working. When you see the logo, it means your emails, bbm, and anything that goes through the BlackBerry servers are fully operating. When you don't see it, you may find that you don't get emails or bbms.

08-04-11 08:38 AM
    It means your connected to RIM's servers.
    08-04-11 08:39 AM
    It is always present on mine. Don't know if its when its shows only when in 3G or not but I've never not seen it. Sorry I know that was absolutely no help.

I do think it only shows with 3G. When you're on EDGE, EDGE is in capital letters and that let's you know you have BIS. When edge is in lowercase, no BIS.

08-04-11 08:39 AM
    You'll have to either send the service books again or do a battery pull to get BIS back, or reset it by toggling it off then on under Mobile Network Options in OS 6 or Options > Mobile Network in OS 5.

08-04-11 09:10 AM
    Generally it means that your phone is in 3G connection coverage area, or is using Wifi connection, and you have BIS data plan with your carrier; ввм�, internet, and push email are available.

When your phone is out of either 3G or Wifi coverage, you will get 'EDGE' or 2G connection, but the  symbol will not be there. But you are with BIS data plan and can still use ввм�, internet, and push email.

'GPRS' still allows your internet, ввм� and email to work at an ancient slower speed.

If it shows 'edge', that means ввм� and push email won't work.

'GSM' means you can only use your phone to make or receive calls and send text messages. No internet service.

Those are as far as I understand.

08-05-11 02:08 PM
    Generally it means that your phone is in 3G connection coverage area, or is using Wifi connection, and you have BIS data plan with your carrier; ввм�, internet, and push email are available.

When your phone is out of either 3G or Wifi coverage, you will get 'EDGE' or 2G connection, but the  symbol will not be there. But you are with BIS data plan and can still use ввм�, internet, and push email.

'GPRS' still allows your internet, ввм� and email to work at an ancient slower speed.

'GSM' means you can only use your phone to make or receive calls and send text messages. No internet service.

No, the 3G means you have 3G coverage, the BB symbol means you're connected to RIM's servers.
    08-05-11 03:03 PM

He seems to be correct for me because ican seen BB logo when im connected with wifi or 3G
    08-06-11 02:15 AM
    That's because there's not enough space to display the BB logo with GPRS and EDGE. Think about it: there's only space for 4 characters, the logo "3G" takes only 2, guess how many characters GPRS and EDGE use.

If anything, it doesn't mean much really. It indicates your BlackBerry Internet Service is working, but that's it, nothing special (except how cool it looks)

Last edited by Raestloz; 08-06-11 at 06:35 AM.
    08-06-11 06:33 AM
    That's because there's not enough space to display the BB logo with GPRS and EDGE. Think about it: there's only space for 4 characters, the logo "3G" takes only 2, guess how many characters GPRS and EDGE use.

If anything, it doesn't mean much really. It indicates your BlackBerry Internet Service is working, but that's it, nothing special (except how cool it looks)

You might be correct! It makes sense. I'll have to agree with you, pal!

08-13-11 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD