I was at the OU Sooners football game and it was **** pouring. My Bold got a little wet and I now have condensation under the screen. Whats the best way to get rid of this? Is it easy to take it apart?
    09-13-09 12:03 AM
    I've heard putting your Bold in rice works. It absorbs moisture. Good luck to you and hopefully the rice trick works. I don't know the exact details of how much to use but I'm sure you can search on CB for it. I've seen posts that talk about it from time to time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 03:45 AM
    First, leave it turned off. If there is any moisture in the device you don't want it migrating to the more vital areas. The rice trick has proven successful however my sister's attempt at it left more of a mess than it helped with rice dust everywhere in the phone. My suggestion is to call your local gun dealer and ask if they sell desiccant packages. These are the things you find in the shoe boxes at the local WalMart. It is a moisture absorbant and should work as good or better than the rice. When I worked retail I used to collect them rather than throw them out and I would toss them in my gun safe to help keep the moisture out.

MidwayUSA - Advanced Search
    Last edited by barbwyr; 09-13-09 at 04:03 AM.
    09-13-09 03:57 AM
    Don't just turn it off - completely pull the battery! This is the first and most vital step to prevent any electronics damage. Then just leave the phone out (assuming that your house isn't moisture loggged) for a day or 2 or until the moisture is no longer visible.

Good luck.
    09-13-09 06:05 AM
    Leave it in the sunlight to dry up, I've heard this works too!
    09-13-09 10:27 AM
    Leave it in the sunlight to dry up, I've heard this works too!
    It does. Nothing better than the kitchen window if it faces morning or evening sun. BATTERY OUT as noted above.
    09-13-09 10:50 AM
    First put it in a sock so the rice doesn't destroy the phone.
    09-13-09 04:41 PM
    If you have seen the condensation under the screen...that means you turned it on while it was wet....if the phone still works fine but it has the spots on the screen....the ONLY thing you can do is replace the LCD. I had mines replaced today because my phone got the water under the screen from me simply sweating on a hot day.

Just have the screen replaced. No matter how much you try to dry it, it will never be as perfect as a bright, vibrant screen!
    09-13-09 04:50 PM
    Condensation is gone..but now it looks like it had a stain...How much did it cost you to replace the LCD?
    09-13-09 05:15 PM
    just replaced mine last week. It was $53.00 shipped, but you need to pull your screen out to see which part number it is, there are three and only the correct replacement will work. I think they are 001/004,002/004,003/004.

This is where I got mine...
    Blackberry BOLD 9000 LCD screen display 001/004 - eBay (item 360174063289 end time Sep-22-09 16:43:13 PDT)
    Last edited by drs155; 09-13-09 at 10:35 PM.
    09-13-09 10:30 PM
    Ohh yes...the terrible staining. Mines cost 75 dollars to replace the LCD - and that's including LCD and the service. If you are in NY...I can give you the place. If not, I would suggest buying one of the screens from Ebay for around 50-60 dollars and doing it yourself or finding a cell phone repair store in your city that will do it for you.

But DO NOT BUY THE SCREEN until you know which of the 3 screens you have. If you buy the wrong one..it will not work.

If you opt to do it yourself, cnn.cn and youtube has step by step tutorials on how to do it.
    09-14-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD