Firstly, if you plan on buying the new Bold I highly advise you try it out at your mobile carrier location before walking out with it.. most likely, it will keep you from having to return and will allow you to catch defects quickly.

My first Bold had a very squeaky trackpad, BB and back button keypads, and began to notice some extra clicking noises on the keyboard. When using the phone at night time in bed the sound is much more apparent, and for the price paid for the phone, unacceptable.

My 2nd Bold seemed fine until I would launch the mobile browser.. I would get a blank white page, then the browser would crash bringing me to the home screen and I wouldn't be able to open any apps.. I could press them, but nothing would happen... Brought it back.

When they gave me my 3rd device I made sure not to leave and to try it out.. when I moved around on the track pad the cursor was using some form of crack and went all over the screen. I showed it to the sales rep and he tried fixing it by adjusting the trackpad sensitivity settings but didn't fix anything.. also, the trackpad cursor began moving by itself and in opposite directions i pushed it in.

After the 3rd device I returned it and got the 9810 Torch... good phone... if you plan on buying the new Bold try it out and don't leave until you're satisfied with it.
    09-12-11 12:01 AM
    Glad you found a device that worked for you.

I see a little light leakage by the charging port, but the device works like butter -- smooth.
    09-12-11 12:04 AM
    Or order it online/over the phone and play with it in comfort at home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 12:08 AM
    @Duvi- it's a very smooth, awesome device, I'm just upset I didn't get to enjoy it

@pblakk- OK, and then get in the car and drive back to exchange it if something is wrong with it. Point of your sarcasm?
    09-12-11 12:17 AM
    Or order it online/over the phone and play with it in comfort at home.

I ordered mine (and after waiting 5 days) - tracking says it should be here tomorrow.

I played with one in a VZW store which had no issues (as far as the ones I could possibly notice while standing in a brightly lit, noisy room) and i ordered it a few days later after thinking about it.

While waiting for it - I've gotten back on CBerry and browsed the forums - to be honest, i was so excited to order the 9930 an be back with BB - now, I'm worrying about being delivered a faulty device tmrw. That anxiety alone is unacceptable with a device that costs hundreds of dollars.

Does anyone know what my course of action would be if it does end up to be faulty?

Mail back in? Take to store? Anyone have luck with either?

09-12-11 12:18 AM
    Firstly, if you plan on buying the new Bold I highly advise you try it out at your mobile carrier location before walking out with it.. most likely, it will keep you from having to return and will allow you to catch defects quickly.

My first Bold had a very squeaky trackpad, BB and back button keypads, and began to notice some extra clicking noises on the keyboard. When using the phone at night time in bed the sound is much more apparent, and for the price paid for the phone, unacceptable.

My 2nd Bold seemed fine until I would launch the mobile browser.. I would get a blank white page, then the browser would crash bringing me to the home screen and I wouldn't be able to open any apps.. I could press them, but nothing would happen... Brought it back.

When they gave me my 3rd device I made sure not to leave and to try it out.. when I moved around on the track pad the cursor was using some form of crack and went all over the screen. I showed it to the sales rep and he tried fixing it by adjusting the trackpad sensitivity settings but didn't fix anything.. also, the trackpad cursor began moving by itself and in opposite directions i pushed it in.

After the 3rd device I returned it and got the 9810 Torch... good phone... if you plan on buying the new Bold try it out and don't leave until you're satisfied with it.
    It sounds like u just needed to update to the OS .353.....all those issues got resolved when I updated the OS. That's too bad u had those issues.

09-12-11 12:44 AM
    I ordered mine (and after waiting 5 days) - tracking says it should be here tomorrow.

I played with one in a VZW store which had no issues (as far as the ones I could possibly notice while standing in a brightly lit, noisy room) and i ordered it a few days later after thinking about it.

While waiting for it - I've gotten back on CBerry and browsed the forums - to be honest, i was so excited to order the 9930 an be back with BB - now, I'm worrying about being delivered a faulty device tmrw. That anxiety alone is unacceptable with a device that costs hundreds of dollars.

Does anyone know what my course of action would be if it does end up to be faulty?

Mail back in? Take to store? Anyone have luck with either?

I wouldn't worry.

Most software issues you have will be resolved by updating to .353.

As for hardware ie, squeaky trackpad, noisy buttons etc is IMO people being too anal. So what if it makes the tiniest bit of noise when scrolling or typing. FFS, get a grip people it's a phone, I'm sure there's more important things to worry about
    09-12-11 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD