06-28-09 10:54 PM
39 12
tools
    I want to subscribe to this... This is good knowledge - as it could happen to anybody ))

Thanks for posting, and keep us updated please!!

Cheers!
    06-22-09 12:46 AM
    Hey.....did the white tabs in near the battery turn into a different color?

The urban legend is that they are there to detect moisture/water exposure.

Could you please confirm? Thanks!
    06-22-09 12:51 AM
    Hey - to webhead - yeah the white tab on the battery and the phone turned to red, and in fact the dye is powerful when I put the phone without the battery in rice, a couple grains of rice got red on them.

SO!! My bold is actually 100% as far as I can tell. My screen is back to 100% looking great, my battery SEEMS fine (though as I say it MAY drain a little fast later in it's life.. but this isn't well tested, and it may just be 100% fine)

I'm so happy about the whole thing.. SO - if your phone hits water, get the battery out FAST, dry it as best you can, and then when it's as dry as you can get it.. sit it in a sealed container with rice... Let it sit as long as you can and of course.. PRAY!!!! lol.

Qik | John Sutton | Manitoba Marathon 09 - driving there <-- me broadcasting on qik THE DAY after I swam with the blackberry. EARLIER THAN I SHOULD HAVE.. but... hey it worked
    06-26-09 06:23 PM
    Awesome! Glad to hear it is still working! I did the same thing to a Motorola Q9c before I saw the light of the crackberry! It recovered too LOL! Good luck with that! I hope my Bold is that tough!
    06-27-09 01:30 AM
    THank you Annex!

Your experience will definitely help many people!

Thanks for your feedback!
    06-27-09 02:28 AM
    Wow this makes me love BlackBerrys even more! What a trooper haha I am glad everything worked out alright. I know I wouldve severely panicked!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 02:56 AM
    wow great news ...The BB boy survived the massive heart attack....:-)
    06-27-09 03:34 AM

I think I would have started crying, inside to out.

So happy to hear it survived. And good information to know. Thanks.
    06-27-09 03:53 AM
    Prayer for a Saturated BlackBerry

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me.
    Thy sealed container and thy rice, they comfort me.
    Thou pushest my email in the presence of the iPhone.
    Thou annointest my LED with brightness.
    My apps runneth over.

Surely goodness and SMS shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of Crackberry forever.

Amen.

Hope your phone is feeling better soon.
    Hahaha...that is clever.

Sorry to hear bout the bold man...hope it makes it out alive...maybe time for a tour???

Edit: man that is very impressive that ur bb made it out alive...trully amazing.
    Could it be due to happygirl7973's prayer...I think so...better thank her for that man.
    Last edited by si_chindo; 06-27-09 at 05:20 AM.
    06-27-09 05:16 AM
    Wow man that's incredible! I'm really happy for you!

06-27-09 03:37 PM
    Omg Its Like Waiting For Molasses To Run..or Paint Drying .dont Mess With The Bowl For At Least 24-48 Hours ..seriously!! Be Patient!!

And When It Does Come Back Alive, No More Swimming!! (for The Bold, Not You) Lol
    06-27-09 11:58 PM
    I'm beginning to think fate is against me. My Bold was indeed back to 100%.

Then at a party the other night, someone spilled clearly spilled a drink on it (this is what I get for being away from it for 30 seconds... fml)

repeating the process - and again hoping for best.

This time sugar is involved... does anyone have recommendations for that???

I've heard distilled water? Like.. could I shake it around in some distilled water to hopefully clear any sugar out, and then let that dry for 48?

I actually think it's going to function fine this time
    (despite my initially picking it up and realizing when I pressed one key it came up with different characters and i was like "oh god.. ITS WET!")

as again - the next day, I couldn't help but give it a quick try, and all the keys where working fine.

SO - what does anyone know what to do about a sugary situation???

- as the wet bold chronicles continue... oh how I wish this story could simply end with happily ever after -
    06-28-09 06:51 PM
    Ok, now I'm starting to think you're making this up! again? What the ****!!

06-28-09 10:34 PM
    The Blackberry Bold:

Essential Tool of the Business person.

Necessity to the Messenging-centric phone user.

And now, amphibious.

I'm glad your phone is doing alright.
    06-28-09 10:54 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD