Sure sounds like they announced, the announcement night! BBFan night 8/3 in Toronto!
    07-27-11 08:32 AM
    All of this could have been avoided if they only said "regarding" or "wrt" instead of "on"
    07-27-11 08:33 AM
    Well, look at the bright aide, crackberry got a ton of page views yesterday.

I must have refreshed crackberry at least 260 times yesterday.

Crackberry made some money at least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 08:34 AM
    With all the negativeness coming from some there won't be enough fans for a fan night whenever it is or isint. All sounds like hype to me, social network hype. Sad
    07-27-11 08:41 AM
    CRACKBERRY...this one's for YOU!
    swallowing my pride.
    Last edited by JasonBourne; 07-28-11 at 08:28 AM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-27-11 09:42 AM
    Wrong� Although I�m confident you�re aware of the details, you appear unable or unwilling to grasp why so many people are upset with today�s �big announcement��

July 25, 1:25p PST � RIM tweets

BlackBerry Research In Motion
    You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH

July 25, 7:55p PST � post on CrackBerry �9900 on Verizon.com�

July 26, around noon PST � RIM announces win a new BB7 smartphone contest

My guess is not many people knew what BlackBerry Fan Night was and after reading the tweet were expecting �deets� of the coming devices, not a contest. In addition for some, coupled with Verizon spiking the punch with their video slip, a lot of excitement was generated. The letdown experienced by many on this site was inevitable, if not warranted when the only thing announced was a contest to win a phone.
    uh why would the 9900 on Verizon thing have anything to do with anything?

It's just people creating hype in their own minds. That's the problem with news aggregators and the people that rely on them, they never click on the source link. That's why people who saw the Engadget article about RIM's facebook status probably thought it was a new phone when in fact it was just alluding to Facebook 2.0 being released when the actual facebook update had no mention of a phone at all. It was just what Engadget thought it was. The tweet was perhaps badly worded but people interpreted it the way they wanted and then get whiny when it turns out they interpreted it wrong.
    07-27-11 09:52 AM
    Why do you keep posting this stupid image? We get it.
    Perhaps he can spray it in to the mirror?
    07-27-11 10:37 AM
    So RIM tweets an ambiguous tweet about new devices coming and an announcement tomorrow. Crackberry blogs what is implied in the tweet. Crackberry users read the tweet themselves, and also feel this is an indication of device release date announcements. This ends up not being the case, and its now CrackBerry's fault for trolling its members.

where is the logic in this?
    07-27-11 11:13 AM
    So RIM tweets an ambiguous tweet about new devices coming and an announcement tomorrow. Crackberry blogs what is implied in the tweet. Crackberry users read the tweet themselves, and also feel this is an indication of device release date announcements. This ends up not being the case, and its now CrackBerry's fault for trolling its members.

where is the logic in this?
    What is this "logic" that you speak of? They don't take too kindly to that in these parts...
    07-27-11 04:22 PM
    Why do you keep posting this stupid image? We get it.
    Because it's EF'N hilarious! Sorry you have such a dry sense of humor...

Posting JUST for Jason...
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 07-27-11 at 08:24 PM.
    07-27-11 08:21 PM
    Here is the August 3rd confirmation, via BB Twitter and Facebook feeds:
    That is still not confirmed, until RIM officially announces it on their site it's BS! And who follows twatter anyways?
    07-27-11 08:23 PM
    Guys, a quick question from an ignorant foreigner, but if the Blackberrys are released by the carriers ....why and what is a fan night and what's it supposed to do?

Surely, if it's not coordinated with the carrier's it's a potential cluster**** waiting to happen?
    07-27-11 08:25 PM
    Kevin because RIM is doing some serious trollin' baby! They are going to end up like Palm if they keep this up...
    07-27-11 11:57 PM
    That is still not confirmed, until RIM officially announces it on their site it's BS! And who follows twatter anyways?
    I'm pretty certain every mod of this site and Kevin has Twitter as well and they are one of the main reasons that I am on that site because I can look at the feed and know if anything pops up BB related w/o having to hit up CB constantly. Yea, Blackberry's own(CONFIRMED) twitter account posts something and let everyone know that they are holding this fan event and you can enter to have a chance to attend and there are also rules and regulations posted on the BB site so turn your Troll Spray around and don't hate on people for trying to just pass information along.

Rules and Regulations for Fan Night: https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=bb7

Just to add, I understand people may not want to join Facebook or Twitter, but to say it is false just because it is a social media site is an idiotic point of view. Social media is one of the most powerful tools in today's society, people get hired and fired because of information collected from social media. I have been on FB since I was in college, but I never thought I would join Twitter or understood it until I looked into it and saw the amount of information that you can gain by following the right people and the time frame in which you find that info out is seconds rather than hours.
    Last edited by ZMc1834; 07-28-11 at 06:40 AM.
    07-28-11 06:02 AM
    I'm at the airport and travelling for a few hours and my banhammer is in checked baggage. That is fortunate, it gives everyone time to delete insulting posts before I reach home.

I will review the thread again later, and if I find any insults or personal jibes I WILL ban the offender without hesitation. Trolls, You have about 5 hours to clean the mess you have made. A few high profile bans usually calms things for the weekend...

BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-28-11 08:20 AM
    the big anooncment may be the bbm6 ...actully i hope it is blackberry OS7 official lanuch!
    07-28-11 12:29 PM
    the big anooncment may be the bbm6 ...actully i hope it is blackberry OS7 official lanuch!
    Huh? The announcement has been and gone... and it was about Facebook 2.0

07-28-11 02:47 PM
    Perhaps he can spray it in to the mirror?
    Nah...I'm to pretty for that. It's ashame that some people here can't take a joke... Everyone is so bitter they are taking it out on others.
    07-28-11 06:46 PM
    For those of us who were using the beta version, it wasn't new at all, minus the fact that you now get notifications when someone "likes" something...
    07-28-11 07:22 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD