Man o man have we all waited for the Tour 2/Bold 9650 to come down the pipeline. Well now it's out in the open as I'm sure you all saw on the crackberry front page. I remember most were ticked off that the Bold 9650 would end up being a Tour with only a trackpad and wifi added and we all hoped for some good surprise from RIM.

My opinion is that RIM did deliver a nice little surprise by putting 512mb of RAM into the device. I think the success with these new Blackberry devices coming soon is 99% more about how OS 6 runs and performs compared to what the hardware looks like.

I know in a short while when the 4G iPhone is announced the conversation will heat up again with what OS 6 and the new Blackberry devices can do versus what the iPhone can do. What I can already say is the new iPhone is looking to support video chat with a front facing camera, we all know Blackberry doesn't have that yet. Maybe RIM will give us that feature in 2017 lol.
    04-26-10 11:41 AM
    Wait, what was the surprise?
    04-26-10 11:46 AM
    Wait, what was the surprise?
    My opinion is that RIM did deliver a nice little surprise by putting 512mb of RAM into the device.
    so... i think the 512MB was the surprise being referred - but we already knew that much a while ago... so its not THAT much of a surprise. unless you had a good weekend... and forgot.
    04-26-10 11:47 AM
    i think the 512MB was the surprise - but we already knew that much a while ago... so its not THAT much of a surprise. unless you had a good weekend... and forgot.
    forgot what? LOL
    04-26-10 11:49 AM
    Darn... Thought there was going to be a surprise. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 12:25 PM
    No surprise here. Marginal update. Bold 9000 can still do just as much as this. RIM is stinkin it up. Seriously.
    04-26-10 01:10 PM
    RIM brings out a new phone with two year old technology...thank you.
    04-26-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD