I just have a few questions about the Bold. Some may be pre-mature but I'll ask anyway. I've also never owned a Blackberry before, so please excuse my questions if they are dumb.

I'm only willing to shell out around $50 for a Blackberry data/text plan. So after looking at AT&T's Blackberry data plans, it's $30 for unlimited data, $15 for 1500 text messages (enough for me, I use e-mail mostly) and lets add the $5 for insurance a month (which is one of my questions). 1) Do you think the Bold will be an insurable phone? Because I know other Blackberry models are.

Next, I know the Bold will have GPS. That's a feature I wouldn't mind having. AT&T has a GPS plan that costs $10 a month. I'm not willing to pay that extra money for something that should just be free (in my opinion). 2) Am I screwed or is there a different alternative for GPS without having to pay anything extra a month?

Another thing is music, all my music is in iTunes. 3) Will it be easy to transfer the music on to the Bold? I got this straight from the Blackberry Bold website "You can even use BlackBerry� Media Sync to transfer desktop iTunes� music files to your smartphone." 4) Could someone clarify that for me? Cause it's a pain to put iTunes songs into anything but my iPod because the songs are protected or some crap. I don't even have much music anyway it's just under 2 GB worth.

Well, I knew I had more questions but I got caught up typing this (which wasn't even supposed to be this long) that I forgot what else I was going to ask.

Anyway, I was really tempted to get the iPhone 3G because of it's price but the touch smart keyboard really draws me away from it, also correct me if I'm wrong but the iPhone will not be insurable right? The last thing I'm waiting on is atleast the price for the Bold, that's what will either make me want to get it even more (if it's affordable), or challenge me to change my mind for a different phone (if it's expensive). I'm on a family plan, and my dad is going to let me upgrade using his number just so I get the discount since I already upgraded a while ago using my number, lol.

That is all, sorry for the out-of place/off-topic last paragraph. I was just venting, or whatever you call that. Thanks in advance for anyone that answers my questions.
    06-22-08 12:13 AM
    Welcome to CB
    06-22-08 12:22 AM
    Those are some good questions that I would like to hear answered also. I use an HTC touch and it has GOT TO GO. NO MORE WINDOWS MOBILE. I don't want to sign up for a BB plan right away because I will be spending all of my fortune on my new bold, so can anyone tell me what features I will be losing by not getting this plan??
    06-22-08 01:24 AM
    BUMP. Wow seems you are in the same spot I'm in and I have the same questions as you. I've always wanted a Blackberry but thought they were to expensive and lacked decent software. When Iphone released I smiled and thought wow what a great phone till some friends of mine had it and the phone was just slow... and I wasn't 100% Sold on the Touch-Screen. Now the Bold on the other hand is everything I expected from a great phone from reading what I've read and I will have to make the decision of the Bold vs 3G Iphone (since its been fine tuned). I just think the bold would be the better way to go all around Ive been working Office work for about half a year and most everyone talks on Blackberry's and uses them to help with their work and Apple's prices are a little more ridiculous anyway. I just hope that since I'm renewing my 2 year contract with ATT and my work has a ATT discount that I really don't have to spend close or more than 90 bucks a month to use the bold to its fullest extent. I wish/hope they add a plan to ATT like the one I have on my Razr cause i think that the 40 for the plan itself and the 45 for the unlimited text and media is a little pricey but I know I'm going to have to shell out more money because its a better phone and all, they just need like a middle plan instead of Unlimited media and 200 text (cause really who only texts 200 times a month?) Then they have the plan with media and text unlimited but there is like a 35 dollar difference, they need a couple gig media and 1200-1500 text. for like 25.00 bucks that would be great news. But anyways lets keep this thread up top cause I'm interested in what people have to say about all of these questions and so on.
    06-22-08 07:08 AM
    1. Knowing AT&T, the phone will not be insurable immediately...

2. Either use Google Maps, or get a TomTom like I did...

3. I'm sure the BOLD will use a version of Desktop Manager, where you can sync music, using Media Manager...
    06-22-08 07:13 AM
    Thanks.
    Well I keep finding Sites with free Blackberry Apps and fun stuff, I am going to be using this BB like 75% play and 25% work starting out. So pretty much I'm getting it to be a personal play toy and not a corporate magnet to keep me stuck at work 24-7 I am getting the phone to replace my collection of Razr V3's I'm like 95% sold on the Bold now unless Apple comes out with the inspector gadget go go gadget back scratcher on the new 3g iphone I will probably stick to my original intent and buy the ever so luxurious Bold. 'I want to be Bold'.
    06-22-08 07:28 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    06-22-08 09:43 AM
    Navi has summed it all up I am sure he is pretty close to hitting the mark.
    06-22-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD