When I was getting out of my car this morning at work my bold popped out of my fuel charger holster and hit the concrete. It landed on the volume keys busted them and put a sizable gash just to the back side of them. Luckily I had a black bezel I was waiting to install once my new trackball and keyboard arrived. I find it rather annoying how flimsy the bezel is on this phone. I'm thinking of ordering a few for backups.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 08:35 PM
    That sucks. But fortunately we can swap out the simple things that break. Like the bezel. ****, even the screen can be replaced. That's so awesome. Still sucks tho.

06-29-09 08:43 PM
    I've done the same thing, albiet it was in the holster so the only part of the bezel that was damaged was the bit that was exposed but I already had a spare bezel to fit anyway
    06-29-09 09:35 PM
    My girlfriend's little sister accidentally kicked my phone from the ground and my phone went flying!! The bezel was damaged and so was my left convenience key but I replaced the bezel and the left convenience key worked again and my battery cover wasn't loose anymore (before it was loose with it's stock bezel).

06-29-09 10:14 PM
    I dropped mine but just have a nick in the Bezel
    It seems like the Bezel acts as a shock absorber
    Of sorts

06-29-09 10:48 PM
    Damn, i hate scratches on my bezel.. I have a skin over mine at the moment to cover any micro scratches i have from dropping mine on hard surfaces floors.
    06-29-09 10:52 PM
    i dropped my 2nd bold on the driveway when getting out of my car in the winter. right on the standby button, had to get a replacement (third one) because i couldn't put it on standby anymore.
    06-29-09 11:39 PM
    Did the same here a few days ago, bold somehow popped out of the PDair case and smacked onto the concrete drive and slid down past the car!
    Bezel and keyboard marked but fortunately no damage to the screen - replaced with black bezel etc so looking good again.
    06-30-09 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD