Hi guys,
    i got this weird yahoo messenger problem when login. i was using 9700 with 6.0.0.723. there was no problem for months, but suddenly, last month, i can't login only on the yahoo messenger. after long "signing in as xxx, connecting to yahoo" the error was "internal error. please try again later"
    i've try different account, none works. i've try several account on different handset, computers, or else and it all works. so only on my device those accounts couldn't login.
    then i try to reinstall the yahoo messenger, still no luck.
    then i wipe and reinstall the os, trying 6.0.0.723, 6.0.0.756, even 5.0.0.1014; and the ym 3.0.0.23, 2.5.85, 2.5.108 but none of them are working.
    no matter i'm using 2g, 3g, wifi, different carriers; as long it's on my device, the ym can't login.
    i switch my sim's carrier to other handset, and the ym is working, so i can be sure there's no problem with my subscription.

current condition:
    my sim's carrier is on different handset, and the ym is working properly in that different handset.
    i'm using different sim's carrier on my handset, and the ym still didn't work.

the problem only on the ym; emails, bbm, gtalk, wlm (yes, it still working), browsing, im+, twitter still working properly on my handset.

anyone can help me ? i'm lost already
    i have use "loader.exe /resettofactory" with no luck too, even changing os to different os 6 version, or os 5 too

help me .....
    06-09-13 05:01 AM
    Yahoo likely changed it's API again, I suggest using the free imo.im messenger instead for the time being. It's free, you don't need to sign up to make an account either and that name of the messenger is the website you can grab it from.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-09-13 05:13 AM
    hi, thanks for your information about api changes.
    but the odd thing about the ym is, i still can using native ym application on other 9700, 8520, 9780, 9790 (all have been tried) handset, even using my own sim's carrier.
    06-09-13 05:52 AM
    hi, thanks for your information about api changes. but the odd thing about the ym is, i still can using native ym application on other 9700, 8520, 9780, 9790 (all have been tried) handset, even using my own sim's carrier.
    Tried reloading the OS clean without restoring all that excet what blackberry protect restores/backs up? You'll also have to restore BBM using desktop manager if you made a backup with that, just the bbm that is.
    06-09-13 06:02 AM
    actually, i have try to wipe it all, including using the resettofactory parameter, and after the os has been loaded, i only install ym application. no other application is installed, and i didn't restored any single data. but still failed, that's why i'm so confused. i did that both on os5 and os6. currently my device is on os5 with ym as the only addition application
    06-09-13 06:16 AM