so i've had my bold for about a week now, and have noticed a few issues

1. browser- it keeps telling me i need wifi. here's where it get's tricky. sometimes it'll work, sometimes not. other times, it'll work if i go into my history, and click on a link from there, and move on from there, but it will NOT work if i hit 'go to', and then type in a new address- it'll come up with the 'need wifi' popup.

2. email links- if i hit a link, it's always say i need a wifi connection...

keep in mind in all cases i have a network link/data link...

it's as if the program is saying connect to internet, then the browser is automatically looking for wifi vs. trying the network connection first-

there are three listings for browser 3pop, hotspot browser, internet browser...3 pop i've been told not to use since that'll be wap and incur add'l charge, hotpot/internet have issues here and there.

help me!!!

also.

when going to youtube.com, and clicking on vids- i can't watch any- it'll open up media player and stop. when i go to break.com and look at their vids, it does the same thing cept the videos play.

finally.

battery life- i lasted about 10 hours today. this included decent usage of browser/messaging, 50% screen, no wifi, no 3g...does this sound right? phone is only a week old.
    06-12-09 06:38 AM
    Go to options > advanced options > browser and set the internet browser as your default and the wap browser as your default wap browser. I suspect your default is set to hotspot browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 06:43 AM
    ok. this is really weird. i set up wifi, and played around more.

hotspot= wifi browser, so anytime i'm connected to wifi, switch default to hotspot.

internet= network browsing, again, if not connected to wifi, make this default?

seems to work fine now....is my new found undrestanding correct? assume bb can't automatically switch btn the two?! weird.

finally- can't see youtube vids..any clue? wifi or 3g....but break.com works..!??!
    06-12-09 07:37 AM
    I have mine set to Internet Browser. It automatically uses wifi when connected and data when not connected.
    06-12-09 07:41 AM
    I only use wifi because otherwise I have to pay to much
    06-12-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD