I usually wait till my phone's battery is charged to full before I unplug it and go to sleep. I left the phone on "bedside mode," and for the past two nights I woke up at 5:30am (don't know why) and when I check the phone its battery is dead both times. The battery never lost charge that fast until two days ago all of a sudden. I also noticed that in the afternoon between the two nights, I left the phone in my air-conditioned room for a good 2 hours, and when I came back the battery was significantly lower and the phone was noticeably hotter. It seems like someone has been using it but I know nobody has. Do you think this is the battery's problem or the phone's problem?
    06-26-11 10:20 PM
    So you charge your phone and then unplug it and let it run all night showing bedside mode? I think that uses the battery...no wonder it is down sufficiently to shut off in the am. Why not charge it DURING the night and while it is charging, have it go to bedside mode? That's what I do.

Phone is charged in the am and I have bedside mode all night.
    06-28-11 09:59 AM
    You know it is funny that you should mention this, as over the last couple of days I have also noticed significant change in battery discharge rate, with no real change in phone usage. Tonight over a 6 hour period I have gone from 99% to 74% on 2 separate batteries. All this in the same location and the same usage where last week I was going from 99% to 80-85% on a single battery in an 8+ hour period.
    06-29-11 11:45 PM
    I heard it's bad to keep your phone charged over night...
    Anyway, I thought at first is because of my Facebook 2 beta app, but I removed that and the phone was good for a few days, but last night it happened again. When from full charge to no charge over night. I know the phone is supposed to lose some charge when it's on, but all the charge?? That's not right.
    06-30-11 08:59 AM
    These batteries love all the charge they can get. Nope. No problem charging overnight. I have done it for 5 years now....
    06-30-11 09:15 AM
    If it is bad to charge your phone overnight, then I dare to say that a large portion of smart phone users are doing a bad thing to their phone. I charge my phone overnight (via charging pod) and have not seen any problems.

I am guessing that what you are seeing is that overnight, you are losing network connection and the battery is being drained faster when the phone is searching to regain that connection.
    I recommend that you charge your phone overnite, all the 'rumors' I have read say there are no ill effects to overnight charging.
    06-30-11 09:16 AM
    I would just charge it over night, are you having the same problem. Durring the day? I had the happen and took my phone into verizon, and the ran some battery test and found my battery was bad, gave me a newbattery and been fine every since

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 09:19 AM
    I had assumed mine was a battery problem that is why I swapped to a battery that I dont use much, and mine is during the day
    06-30-11 12:16 PM
    Mine is perfectly fine during the day. Only at night when I put it in bedside mode.
    06-30-11 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD