You know when you have your phone next to a music player, like an ihome or radio, and it makes that weird noise on the ihome when you receive a message?

Well that same noise happens on my bold everytime a sound plays, like a ringtone or music or when using the speaker phone. When Im on the phone it doesnt happen.

Pretty much when any sound is played that the person sitting across the room from me can hear, this annoying static/hissing sound plays.

I have tmobile so theres no insurance. Ive been trying to find out how to contact RIM or SOMEONE about the blackberry warranty but Ive had no luck
    06-23-09 12:41 PM
    Has it always done this?
    06-23-09 12:43 PM
    no it just startd yesterday out of no where
    06-23-09 12:45 PM
    Did you make any changes at all to settings, apps, etc?
    06-23-09 12:47 PM
    nope. none whatsoever. I'm assuming its a hardware issue and I'm wondering if it happened to anyone else and what they did
    06-23-09 12:53 PM
    I'm assuming its a hardware issue
    Sounds like it. Sorry.
    06-23-09 01:00 PM
    any idea what i should do about the warranty situation? both att and tmobile we no help
    06-23-09 01:05 PM
    If you bought it new, contact that vendor.
    06-23-09 01:07 PM
    You know when you have your phone next to a music player, like an ihome or radio, and it makes that weird noise on the ihome when you receive a message?
    I think you may find your phone is running on 2G service (not 3G) and your other equipment is picking up radio interference from the digital burst transmissions. This is normal behavior, every GSM phone ever made has done it at some time or another - its a fault in the audio equipment (poor resistance to interference) not a fault in the phone.

The fix is to increase the separation between your phone and sensitive audio equipment. IOW don't put the phone near an audio device.

You may find it reduced if your phone is running in 3G mode. Most audio devices seem to suffer less from 3G phones, maybe due to a different working frequency, or maybe the signalling protocols are less likely to cause audible interference.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-09 05:36 PM
    I agree with Branta. 3G is less likely to receive GSM interference than when running 2G.
    06-23-09 05:42 PM
    no it happens EVERYWHERE. i was just saying that it sounds the same as when its close to another radio equipement piece. so for example, if i used the phone in the bathroom the PHONE would still make the same sound.
    06-23-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD