Hi,

I'm new to this forum and new to blackberry. Until now i had a nokia e61 using as blackberry device. I was very happy with it. But i wanted to have a real blackberry device.

But is there a possibilty to select which connection should be taken by the browser. If I want to use the wifi or the data plan from my network operator (T-Mobile Austria)? When I'm in my homenetwork I don't mind taking the 3G connection but when I'm abroad it will be very expensive.

On my E61 I had the big feature using it as a voipphone via wifi. Is there a software to use the bold as a sip client?

Another little thing which seems to be a problem of the bold ist the temprature. Sometimes the phone gets really warm. But until now i didn't found out what this prolem is caused by.

Michael
    09-05-08 02:59 PM
    Try Options, Mobile network, Data Services - Off when roaming

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 07:07 PM
    For WiFi browsing:
    options -> advanced options -> browser -> set "default browser configuration" to "hotspot"

For 3g surfing:
    options -> advanced options -> browser -> set "default browser configuration" to ur carriers setting (mine says "t-zones")

After u changed the settings and open ur browser from home screen u r connected to the internet with ur wished connection.
    09-07-08 03:12 AM
    For WiFi browsing:
    options -> advanced options -> browser -> set "default browser configuration" to "hotspot"

For 3g surfing:
    options -> advanced options -> browser -> set "default browser configuration" to ur carriers setting (mine says "t-zones")

After u changed the settings and open ur browser from home screen u r connected to the internet with ur wished connection.
    how did you get your bold to say t-zones? to my understanding, since t-mo doesn't have the bold, they don't have the correct service books for the bold to access t-zones...just curious as to what you did? i have sent service books, and am on t-mo network, but my only option for browser is 'hotspot'...
    09-14-08 08:26 AM
    T-Mobile Austria has the Bold, and so we have all servicebooks available. T-Mo Europe also was the first provider that offered the OS version .126 on their official site.
    09-19-08 02:32 PM
    turning data off when roaming, would that stop emails also?
    09-19-08 03:50 PM
    T-Mobile Austria has the Bold, and so we have all servicebooks available. T-Mo Europe also was the first provider that offered the OS version .126 on their official site.
    oh, gotcha! well, damn! guess i'll just have to wait for t-mo us to get the right
    stuff...
    09-20-08 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD