Hey guys,

Hopefully I am just thick and there is an easy fix for this.

Just got my 9900. When I open web pages and double tap to get a column of text (say on a new website) to the fit the screen width, the text font is still tiny.

Zooming in manually just makes the text exceed the screen width.

Is there any way of wrapping the text so that it is bigger but still only screen width ?

Thanks for your help.
    10-25-11 05:55 PM
    Try this:
    With web browser open click the *BB (menu) button.
    Scroll to options and select
    Scroll to "Default Font size" and change size
    You will probably have to play with the sizes (in pixles) until you
    Find the one that suits you, but this should work. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 06:04 PM
    Thanks, but that only changes the size of the BB's font in menus etc, not web text.

Can anyone else help ?
    10-25-11 06:16 PM
    Thanks, but that only changes the size of the BB's font in menus etc, not web text.

Can anyone else help ?
    Reload the page and double-tap on text. If that didn't help, try a bigger pixel size. Attached below is what 28 looks like.
    10-25-11 06:53 PM
    For CB I press I for zoom in 3 times. And yes you will have to move the page with your finger. But as you get better at it you will like it more. Took me a bit to get used to but now I wouldn't give it up. Oh and you have to enable browser shortcuts. Let's you use I-Zoom in, O-Zoom out, Spacebar-Scroll down, alt Spacebar-Scoll up, S-Options, D-Downloads, etc. There are more!

Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    10-25-11 07:51 PM
    I actually spoke with someone from BlackBerry about this very issue today and there is nothing that can be done.

10-25-11 11:01 PM
    I actually spoke with someone from BlackBerry about this very issue today and there is nothing that can be done.

Yes there is, this device offers auto text zoom. Double tap the screen or double click the track pad and the text will format into a column and will increase in size and if the default auto text zoom font size is still too small for you then go into browser options and change the font size, but not the display options , the browser options.

Who did you talk to at RIM.
    They should know this.

Browsing on this device is awesome. Love it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-25-11 11:33 PM
    AHHHH ..... that is MUCH better.

Thanks.
    10-26-11 07:37 PM
    AHHHH ..... that is MUCH better.

Thanks.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button.

10-26-11 08:36 PM
    albee1, you can also use "T" to go to the top of a page and "B" to go to the bottom.
    Hey kelly, good to see you. Yup and ther are more yet!

10-26-11 11:38 PM
    Yes there is, this device offers auto text zoom. Double tap the screen or double click the track pad and the text will format into a column and will increase in size and if the default auto text zoom font size is still too small for you then go into browser options and change the font size, but not the display options , the browser options.

Who did you talk to at RIM.
    They should know this.

Browsing on this device is awesome. Love it.

OMG! Thank you. I don't know who I spoke with but they said they looked at all their references that theyhad on this and they didn't know how to correct this issue.

10-27-11 12:38 AM
    Or Opera mini

10-27-11 12:59 AM
    Or Opera mini

Tried Opera Mini.... Its ok, but the native browser is better.

I used to think otherwise though. Now I have seen the light.

10-27-11 10:40 AM
    I bought the new 9930 in August. Nice phone. The Double tap or the I or O shortcut would pretty much zoom in and wrap the text very nicely on nearly every web page. Yesterday I upgraded to version 7.0.0.374 (bundle 1739) and the function doesn't work as it did before. There are certain web pages that will not zoom in any longer. Seems to be the mobile formatted pages that don't work. Font size in the browser options does not change it either. I do have the browser short cut options (so I can use spacebar, I or O, T or B)turned on and they work on some web pages. Anyone else have this problem and a solution? Using the I or O buttons was a nice feature that I relied on to render pages.

I'd hate to have to try to revert back to my previous software (mostly because I don't remember what version it was ) Thanks.
    11-06-11 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD