On my new Bold, which I may yet send back for replacement (see "I hate myself" thread) I am having trouble with the web browser. So far no site I have tried visiting has actually worked Two sites which I would almos 100% expect - crackberry.com and news.bbc.co.uk fail to load at all, even if mobile network is disabled and am on WiFi only.

Anyone else with an Orange Bold getting weird WiFi issues?

Edit: if I try to load crackberry.com I get an error "The XML is not well formatted".
    Last edited by nothin2seehere; 08-23-08 at 12:44 PM.
    08-23-08 12:35 PM
    are you using the wifi in the 'hotspot' browser? otherwise it wont work.
    Ya gotta select it in options.
    08-23-08 12:46 PM
    mine works fine. UK Orange. Just can't get the bloody e-mails to work!
    08-23-08 12:49 PM
    Hehe. Emails work fine

I actually had the wrong wlan password setup, so I'm now connected, but even if I change to "Hotspot Browser" instead of "Orange World" the Bold still insists that I turn on the radio and it doesn't work otherwise.

Edit: This is getting weirder - it;s now workined. No idea what I've done But m.youtube.com works (finally).

Edit2: Anyone had any success with BBC iPlayer?
    Last edited by nothin2seehere; 08-23-08 at 01:29 PM.
    08-23-08 01:21 PM
    my browsing is just fine with rogers bold
    08-23-08 06:53 PM
    Ok, so the Bold is mostly being good to me. Until my number is ported I can't bring myself to use it in ernest though

But, I have this VERY annoying browser problem. At the moment, the Browser is all but worthless. Almost every site I try to browser to I get an error "The XML is not well formatted" and it gives up trying. I can't even load crackberry.com, which I assume would be extremely well suited to loading on this device.

I am also getting "Unspecified connection issues" and "to contact my Service Provider if the problem persists". All this is making me wonder whether the Bold's browser really is that rubbish, or Orange haven't provisioned me properly? Some web sites I can browse fine on (e.g. m.youtube.com or BBC news mobile edition).

Any takers for this? I'm using 4.6.0.126 or whatever the latest is in the sticky above
    08-24-08 05:08 AM
    how do i know the bold is connecting through WIFI for web browing? It shows EDGE top right but also two small boxes connected by two lines?
    08-24-08 01:52 PM
    if wifi is connected the motif will show. If it is connected to the Blackberry service it will glow more brightly. Edge only offers slow wifi browsing. Use the manage connections tab to verify wifi is connected (and check the status of all other services)
    08-25-08 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD