To those of you carrying the Bold without a case or anything in your pocket, any damage to the trackball??? I've never used a case with previous phones and always just kept the screen against my body with nothing else in my pocket-no problems. However, I never had a trackball.

I went ahead and picked up one of those casemate barely there cases for screen cover and minimal protection just in case I drop it. I'm just not a holster kind of guy.
    06-22-09 11:49 AM
    I usually keep it in my leather pouch, but if wearing jeans will not use anything. Can be bit big in your pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 11:51 AM
    I usually keep it in my leather pouch, but if wearing jeans will not use anything. Can be bit big in your pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks. I tried the leather pouch (no holster model) in the pocket but found that I was grabbing the phone from the top near the speaker, thus leading to the speaker/sound problems blogged about elsewhere.
    06-22-09 11:57 AM
    I used to wear mine bare back but the sweat obscured the screen to much. Started putting it in a holster or pocket to keep it from getting slippery.
    06-22-09 11:59 AM
    I've worn my 8800 for years without a pouch with no ill effects.
    I plan to do the same with my new bold and hopefully it will hold up!
    06-22-09 12:05 PM
    Thanks. I tried the leather pouch (no holster model) in the pocket but found that I was grabbing the phone from the top near the speaker, thus leading to the speaker/sound problems blogged about elsewhere.
    Nope, no issues. When I do use the pouch, I push up from the bottom. The leather softens up after a couple of weeks.
    06-22-09 12:07 PM
    Nope, no issues. When I do use the pouch, I push up from the bottom. The leather softens up after a couple of weeks.
    Thanks. To accelerate the process I used a heat gun on a low setting. Worked like a charm. Will still use the casemate barelythere, perhaps on less "formal" occasions. lol
    06-22-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD