hey ladies and gentlemen i just got my bb bold and noticed i have a very weak speaker not the handset one but the one that you use when using speakerphone..

this phone was brand new in box but bought off of craigslist. i noticed the problem when i try to talk on speaker phone it is very low like i can barely hear it at all and when i get txt/email/calls the alerts are so low that i cannot hear it and have missed several calls

the bold was raved by critics for having a great speaker bit mine sucks lol

all alerts and calls are set to FULL volume and still no difference

i love this phone but the weak speakers are killing me
    07-24-09 01:52 PM
    Your phone must be defective or something. My speakers are VERY loud and clear whether on a call or to play music/videos.
    07-24-09 01:55 PM
    I have no idea how one can get a "brand new in box" bold from craigslist.

If I were you go to att for a replacement if you can. My speakers both on the handset and speakerphone are loud and clear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 01:56 PM
    I have no idea how one can get a "brand new in box" bold from craigslist.

If I were you go to att for a replacement if you can. My speakers both on the handset and speakerphone are loud and clear.

07-24-09 02:24 PM
    I just switched from the Curve 8310 to the Bold. The speakers on the curve were a lot better with a lot more clarity than the Bold. However overall, the Bold is a lot better than the Curve.
    07-24-09 02:28 PM
    Its was a brand new in box never used bold that's how I got it I don't see the problem

Anyway I fixed it with a little searching turns out the rear cover covers up part of the speaker so
    You just stick a piece of paper in the back and its fixed perfect sound out the speakers

07-24-09 02:28 PM
    I'll never understand why people buy off Craigslist. I swear everytime someone has a problem, they bought the item off there.

07-24-09 03:20 PM
    Sometimes I wish that my speakers WERE a little softer. When my alarm goes off in the morning it's so loud that I jump and practically fall out of bed. It's the same comparison as having the fire alarm go off in the middle of night (which I've also had happen).
    07-24-09 03:26 PM
    I'll never understand why people buy off Craigslist. I swear everytime someone has a problem, they bought the item off there.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of scams on there, too. I've always been too afraid to buy anything from them...
    07-24-09 03:27 PM
    I bought off att and my speaker is weak

07-24-09 03:30 PM
    I bought off att and my speaker is weak

Press around the area by the rear speaker and see if the sound gets better. Members have had success doing this.

If not go back to your wireless providor and get a new replacement

07-24-09 04:45 PM
    Why doesn't anyone ever search the forums first? There are at least a half dozen topics here already about this.
    07-24-09 05:08 PM
    Why doesn't anyone ever search the forums first? There are at least a half dozen topics here already about this.
    People don't know forum etiquette...

07-24-09 05:16 PM
    People don't know forum etiquette...

Apparently not. It's amazing how many repeated topics there are here, just look at all the BBM 5 topics there are.
    07-24-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD