Its been a long time since we got a new OS update...are we no more favorites..!!
    09-02-11 07:09 PM
    Its been a long time since we got a new OS update...are we no more favorites..!!
    .650 went official a little over a week ago I believe... What else would you like exactly?
    09-02-11 10:31 PM
    OS7 won't be on the 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 11:57 PM
    Still any chance of the famous memory leak and "Sorry! We're closing this page because it is too large to load" message when opening any site? ;-)

09-03-11 10:46 AM
    Still any chance of the famous memory leak and "Sorry! We're closing this page because it is too large to load" message when opening any site? ;-)

Not from an OS update only a hardware update.
    09-03-11 11:01 AM
    Agreed. .650 is as new as it gets for the 9700. Tried it as soon as it was released and found the memory leak to be brutal so I ended up going back one release to .615 which seems better.

So I would say that we are not forgotten...yet!
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-03-11 11:18 AM
    Check the hybrid forums. There are quite a few hybrid builders still making new hybrids for the 9700.
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-03-11 12:11 PM
    Check the hybrid forums. There are quite a few hybrid builders still making new hybrids for the 9700.
    Would love to try a hybrid but a little unsure of which one. There are so many of there with so many different versions and builds. If you can recommend a good one that would be awesome.

09-03-11 04:59 PM
    As phones get older the less attention they need. But you never know with RIM they are a little crazy with the way they handle device issues and updates. Some get it right away and some like the storm series never get the right fix! If your device is working why do you need a leak or update to the OS?

09-03-11 05:10 PM
    I'm sure they'll still be updates maybe not that often but there will be. I believe the 9000 got 1 or 2 OS 5 updates this year.
    09-03-11 06:08 PM
    as time progresses,things change.devices that were in the #1 slot for a company move to #2 or #3 or #4 or #5 slot.its just the way everything operates in the world.for example,in sports veterans retire and give way to young talent.but on their way out,the veterans had carve a foundation for the young talent to grow and build from within.so this doesn't mean the 9700 is going to be obsolete.the curve 8300 series is still attracting some folks.it means rim won't be handing out os updates for the 9700 as frequently as in the past.but they will give one every now and then.
    09-03-11 07:11 PM
    Would love to try a hybrid but a little unsure of which one. There are so many of there with so many different versions and builds. If you can recommend a good one that would be awesome.
    Berrylicious is great and good support on these forums!
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-03-11 09:34 PM
    I still have OS 5. Something. The theme that I really like isn't available for 6 so I don't upgrade

09-03-11 09:43 PM
    Whats the latest and most stable OS for a 9700 (ATT but unlocked to be used on Rogers)
    09-03-11 10:13 PM
    His new berrylicious Delight is very good. Both of you should try it out.
    09-03-11 11:32 PM
    The stability of an OS differs from person to person just find out what works for you and use it. For instance, right now I am using berrylicious delight which is a hybrid with a base of .650 from mobilicity. And so far it has been one of the best os 6 I have used to date.
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-03-11 11:34 PM
    Whats the latest and most stable OS for a 9700 (ATT but unlocked to be used on Rogers)
    seek and ye shall find... Personally I like Berrylicious... but you really lneed to look the forums listed below...

BlackBerry Bold 9700
    For discussion surrounding RIM's new BlackBerry Bold 9700.

BlackBerry 6
    Official BlackBerry 6 operating system help and discussion.

Leaked/Beta OS
    Links and discussion surrounding the latest unofficial OS available for your device.

Hybrid OS
    For links and discussion surrounding the latest hybrid OS builds available for your device.
    09-04-11 09:58 AM
    I still have OS 5. Something. The theme that I really like isn't available for 6 so I don't upgrade
    the default RIM theme in OS6 blew me away but you really need to look at these two forums;

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-themes-f176/

and themes for 9780 work on a 9700 running OS6 so your statement above is not really sound...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-themes-f227/
    09-04-11 10:01 AM
    Both Berrylicious Delight and Berrylicious 4 are GREAT hybrids, give them a try!
    09-04-11 01:25 PM
    The one I like is an inote theme that looks like notebook paper. Does anyone know if it available for OS 6? I can't look since I am at work right now.

09-04-11 04:36 PM
    And I actually have a Bold 9650.

09-04-11 04:38 PM
    And I actually have a Bold 9650.
    seek and ye shall find

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-themes-f240/
    09-06-11 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD