I searched the forum and googled. Is there any free way to turn the screen off during calls?

ScreenLock seems to no work with our version.
    08-09-11 03:34 PM
    I've never tried it but press the lock button on top left of the phone? it turns the screen off without disturbing anything usually I would guess it does the same during a call.
    08-09-11 03:47 PM
    I do not think there is any real way to control the screen like that within a call... I tried the lock button while calling my voicemail and nothing happened, I just thought it always timed itself out in a call, does for me at least.
    08-09-11 03:57 PM
    I've never tried it but press the lock button on top left of the phone? it turns the screen off without disturbing anything usually I would guess it does the same during a call.
    It doesn't do anything.
    08-09-11 03:58 PM
    I do not think there is any real way to control the screen like that within a call... I tried the lock button while calling my voicemail and nothing happened, I just thought it always timed itself out in a call, does for me at least.
    I searched and it seems there were some apps from a couple years back but it seems like there isn't anything recent. Was hoping someone knew though.

Yeah, the timeout is the only way I know of. But I don't want to shorten it just for that.
    08-09-11 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD