Hi all,

So I was wiping my phone down with some cleaning solution about 2 months back and unfortunately it got behind the screen. At first it was bad visual (only) damage, but since then it's been annoying but fully functional, all text and colours are readable and clear.

I know it is 2 months late, but just putting it out there. Any way I can 'clean' up the water damage, possibly by removing the screen and wiping down the back or something?

Pictures by hjanon2006 - Photobucket
    09-22-09 12:48 AM
    have you tried a big bowl of dry rice?
    09-22-09 02:06 AM
    have you tried a big bowl of dry rice?
    It's been 2 months...it's not actual liquid, it's the residue left behind after it dried. The rice myth is used to dry liquids, after 2 months the liquid is already dried.

Hi all,

So I was wiping my phone down with some cleaning solution about 2 months back and unfortunately it got behind the screen. At first it was bad visual (only) damage, but since then it's been annoying but fully functional, all text and colours are readable and clear.

I know it is 2 months late, but just putting it out there. Any way I can 'clean' up the water damage, possibly by removing the screen and wiping down the back or something?

If the stain is between the LCD and the faceplate lense, you should be able to take off he housing and clean the lens. If the stain is inside the LCD then you will need to replace the LCD.
    Last edited by barbwyr; 09-22-09 at 02:25 AM.
    09-22-09 02:20 AM
    I am 99.9% sure you will just need to replace the LCD. This has happened to me 3 times actually due to sweating while talking on the phone and water getting into the screen. Just order a new LCD and replace it
    09-22-09 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD