I let my life (bold 9780) fall down the toilet! Any ideas on how to get it working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 02:51 AM
    Leave it for a long time to dry before you try using it for one. Any residue could fry it. If anything leaked into the screen itself, you're probably going to need a new LCD.

Otherwise, I hope you have extended protection on your phone.
    04-18-11 02:53 AM
    Stick it in a bag full of uncooked rice (read this somewhere) and if u feel up to it, open it up and clean off the insides with rubbing alcohol and let it completely dry off

04-18-11 05:33 AM
    search the forums, there's a detailed post about recovering a water damaged phone.

(will post the link if i find it)
    04-18-11 09:16 AM
    In 'an ideal world', try this... http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ht-way-318876/

In 'the real world', it's toast... get a new one

04-18-11 09:41 AM
    Ok I left in like a laundry press... Went back last night and put in the battery and tried it, while it struggled to come on two or three times, I decided to go for broke and plug the charger in too, I thought I might aswell go for it! So I finally got it on, but the camera light stayed lit constantly, after a quick reset, the phone is working PERFECTLY... I don't know how or why as it was totally submerged in water! But there's not a thing wrong with it at all lol! I am putting it down to my otterbox! Because this is the only logical explanation that I have a bold 9780 rather than a useless brick :P cheers lads!

04-19-11 05:35 AM
    I let my life (bold 9780) fall down the toilet! Any ideas on how to get it working?

Was the toilet used or flushed when it fell down Did you get your hands dirty too

Just kidding.

I would open it partially, maybe till the innards are exposed and use a hair dryer for a while to dry it off. Then keep it in rice et al. Once you get it working, sell it off asap, since a wet phone never works perfectly for long.
    04-19-11 07:19 AM
    Ok I left in like a laundry press... Went back last night and put in the battery and tried it, while it struggled to come on two or three times, I decided to go for broke and plug the charger in too, I thought I might aswell go for it! So I finally got it on, but the camera light stayed lit constantly, after a quick reset, the phone is working PERFECTLY... I don't know how or why as it was totally submerged in water! But there's not a thing wrong with it at all lol! I am putting it down to my otterbox! Because this is the only logical explanation that I have a bold 9780 rather than a useless brick :P cheers lads!

Well blackberries are known to be sturdy right? They're like the DSLRs among cellphones. (IMHO)
    04-19-11 11:01 AM
    Once you get it working, sell it off asap, since a wet phone never works perfectly for long.
    lmao! hahahahhaa
    04-19-11 11:58 AM
    Stick it in a bag full of uncooked rice (read this somewhere) and if u feel up to it, open it up and clean off the insides with rubbing alcohol and let it completely dry off

I can vouch for this - it works
    04-21-11 02:34 AM
    I need help real bad!
    I went away for a weekend and my blackberry curve 8900 was in the same bag as my toiletries, when I emptied my bag I realised that my shampoo had leaked just a tiny bit but some had gone into the chager port of my phone My phone was still on and working perfectly normal until a about 2 weeks later my phone died and I wernt able to get a charger until the next morning.. So I put it on charge and nothing happened, no red light nothing! I then took it to carphone warehouse and they took it in for repair, they called me into the store to say my blackberry had liquid damage.. But both water damage indicator on my device and battery are still white and do not have a bit of pink showing? I did not let it dry out as I said it worked perfectly fine after? What can I do now? I was thinking about taking it apart with a T6 screw driver to see if I can maybe clean around my charger port?
    Please post a reply, I really need somebody's help!!
    04-21-11 06:58 AM
    I teased the OP on his loss and my wife's 9780 went for a swim under the sink tap.
    Its been given for repair at a private repair shop,since the warranty is lost due to the indicators turning red.

As of now, it tries to boot and gives up midway over and over again.
    04-25-11 06:16 AM
    Ritesh hahaha unlucky but that happened me, it gave up half way through start up!

04-29-11 04:50 AM
    Got it fixed. It works now, but unsure for how long. Its a wait and watch scenario. Hope it lives till the new BB's are put on the shelf.
    04-29-11 06:53 AM
    my blackberry bold 9780 well in a toilet now the background light isnt work somebody plssss help
    03-17-13 07:01 PM
    my blackberry bold 9780 well in a toilet now the background light isnt work somebody plssss help
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ht-way-318876/
    03-17-13 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD