This might be a simple question/answer, but I want to make sure I'm following the proper steps. I am returning my Tour (got the Bold replacement) and am semi-confused on the exact return instructions.

It says to place the phone (Tour) in the device box. Does this mean the black box the Blackberry Bold came in? Or, do I simply just put the phone (no battery included) in the shipping box (properly wrapped, of course) and return it? I wasn't exactly sure the steps or return instructions....they were kinda vague.

Thanks!
    06-24-10 11:33 AM
    use the box that your replacement phone came in or a box big enough that the replacement will fit in. then put it in the shipping box. this gives the phone more cushion while being shipped back. also include a copy of the receipt (statement) that the replacement came with. Keep the originals.
    Last edited by sweetsmuckers; 06-24-10 at 11:42 AM.
    06-24-10 11:38 AM
    You do not need to return the Bold box or any accessories. Just the Tour, without battery, SD and battery cover. I included a copy of the first page of my Bold receipt.
    06-24-10 11:38 AM
    There is no need to include a copy of the receipt...the order number is on the return shipping label IIRC.

A friendly rep told me this awhile back...The main thing to remember is that the whole return/exhange is tied to the device itself, they scan the MEID/ESN barcode and that should pull everything up they need.
    06-24-10 01:06 PM
    There is no need to include a copy of the receipt...the order number is on the return shipping label IIRC.

A friendly rep told me this awhile back...The main thing to remember is that the whole return/exhange is tied to the device itself, they scan the MEID/ESN barcode and that should pull everything up they need.
    Yes, you are correct. I just wanted to make sure my return was processed without any issues. So I included it even though it wasn't absolutely necessary.
    06-24-10 01:20 PM
    So, I can keep the battery, battery cover, and SD card? The only thing Verizon wants back is the phone?

Sorry if that has been spelled out already, just want to make sure.
    06-24-10 02:33 PM
    So, I can keep the battery, battery cover, and SD card? The only thing Verizon wants back is the phone?

Sorry if that has been spelled out already, just want to make sure.
    Yes

You do not need to return the Bold box or any accessories. Just the Tour, without battery, SD and battery cover. I included a copy of the first page of my Bold receipt.

I think we need a stickied thread entitled: Keep the battery, battery cover and SD card, just return the Tour itself.
    06-24-10 02:34 PM
    I think we need a stickied thread entitled: Keep the battery, battery cover and SD card, just return the Tour itself.
    HAHA, so true.
    06-24-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD