If I can't find my sales receipt, would AT&T or Blackberry refuse to replace my Bold with a new unit?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 02:55 AM
    Not sure, you may just have to call and ask them. Did you get the phone from AT&T directly? If so, they have a copy of everything on file to provide you and if it was through an online marketplace, I'm sure you can request a copy of the sales invoice.

Chris
    02-19-09 03:13 AM
    Are you within the 30-day return period. If you are, they should have no problem swapping yours out for a new one. Otherwise it goes through RIM.
    02-19-09 03:42 AM
    Well technically speaking, the guy who sold the phone to me on craigslist can't find the sales receipt. The phone was brand new in the box when I bought it but didn't come with a sales receipt. The seller said the phone was bought in November so the 30 day return period is no good. For all I know, the phone could've been stolen! Any ideas on what to tell RIM when I call them?
    02-19-09 11:45 AM
    Another thing you can do, which I'm assuming the Bold is At&T branded? If not, then everything I'm about to type will be pointless.

If you have a friend or family member with at&t. Give them the phone so then can do a warranty swap for you. Remember the warranty follows the phone not the account.
    02-19-09 12:22 PM
    none of this is true...for warranty you get a full year...all you have to do it call ATT and find out where your local warranty depot is...go in...tell them whats wrong ...they will make sure you didnt get it wet or what not...then they just give you a new one...i know this becaus ei just did this yesterday...there is a warranty store 2 blocks from my job in NYC and it was literally that easy....

and you dont even need to have bought it from an ATT store bc my old blackberry i got off of amazon.com and they still did it and i was about 11 months into my contract.
    02-19-09 12:28 PM
    none of this is true...for warranty you get a full year...all you have to do it call ATT and find out where your local warranty depot is...go in...tell them whats wrong ...they will make sure you didnt get it wet or what not...then they just give you a new one...i know this becaus ei just did this yesterday...there is a warranty store 2 blocks from my job in NYC and it was literally that easy....

and you dont even need to have bought it from an ATT store bc my old blackberry i got off of amazon.com and they still did it and i was about 11 months into my contract.
    This is true, but I'm assuming by looking at the carrier the OP is using T-mobile, this plan won't work unless he gives the phone to someone who has at&t
    02-19-09 12:33 PM
    This is true, but I'm assuming by looking at the carrier the OP is using T-mobile, this plan won't work unless he gives the phone to someone who has at&t
    good detective work...i didnt notice that in their profile. not sure what you could do then...

well i i dont see any harm in that still since ATT gives you unlock codes anyway...just tell your friend who has ATT to pop in their sim...pretend its his... and do the deed.
    02-19-09 12:36 PM
    Thanks for the advice guys. I will go in with my cousin who is with AT&T tomorrow to get a new unit. Hopefully it won't be defective like this one!
    02-19-09 01:09 PM
    not strictly relevant but does unlocking a phone void the warranty?
    07-09-09 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD