I had to have my Bold warrantied. I received a new one and got everything switched over and functioning properly except my email. I've tried the email setup and it asks for a user name and password that I've never had to to enter. I can't log in online either. I entered a username and clicked the forgot my password button, it says it sent the password to my device but I haven't gotten it.

So I put the battery and sim card into my old phone before I send it back, email still works. Tried to log in, no password again, sent the password to the phone, never got it. What do I need to do to make the email work on my new phone? I've done a fair amount of reading on here before registering and still couldn't find or make sense of what I need to do. This is a personal email, no BES. It's a yahoo account if that makes a difference.

I know this is probably a redundant and very basic question.
    05-22-10 09:57 PM
    Are you doing all this password reset thing on you BB or PC???
    05-23-10 03:56 PM
    I've tried both ways with no luck. Either way it says it has successfully sent a message to my device, never get a message.
    05-23-10 04:14 PM
    I've tried both ways with no luck. Either way it says it has successfully sent a message to my device, never get a message.
    So you can't get your email on your PC either because of your missing password?

When you set up your Yahoo email, did you give them another email adress as a contact email address? like a home/ IP email? I had that issue one time and each time they were sending me a reset password email, it would go to an email that I didn't have anymore. I ended up creating a new email adress.
    05-23-10 04:59 PM
    My mistake. I'm getting the email on my yahoo account, but I don't get it on my BB.
    05-23-10 07:55 PM
    If you put your sim card back into your old phone, can you get into the email setup screen from there? If so, you need to create a username and password from there. I don't remember exactly how because it was a long time ago, but once you do that, you should be able to login from online with that info. Once you can login online, click "Change Device" from the menu and enter your new PIN and IMEI numbers and your email will come to your new device.

You may also be able to go to the BIS page and click "create new account" (I believe your old phone needs to be turned on and have your sim card in it), but I have never tried it that way.
    05-23-10 08:43 PM
    I've tried to do it from the old phone too, no dice. I also tried to make a new account, with both phones, and it says an account already exists for each. I may just go to the store I bought it at today, they're very helpful. I'll bring both devices with me.
    05-24-10 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD