no thats not a good idea at all even with the stickers replaced the certified techs. are gonna tell regardless those stickers are mainly there so that us at&t warranty agents can tell over the phone....he'll get charged $499.00 for the ldi being tampered with or removed in those exact words is what it'll say on the letter that gets back to him letting him no he's being charged $499.00
    She talked to ATT and they had her look through the phone very thoroughly and from what I could tell it passed. If they said they were sending a new phone and had her examine the phone and said it was going to be replaced under warranty.....and they charge us? That's some BS right there.

And she even let the lady know that I had dropped it into the water. I had her explain the entire process (minus the drunk part) and it passed. I am an honest guy and I can guarantee that my mother is just as honest. I was willing to spend the 125 for the insurance replacement. But they had her examine the phone while talking to them and even passed it to a manager. They said it was covered.
    Last edited by riseinside; 06-09-09 at 03:21 AM.
    06-09-09 03:18 AM
    She talked to ATT and they had her look through the phone very thoroughly and from what I could tell it passed. If they said they were sending a new phone and had her examine the phone and said it was going to be replaced under warranty.....and they charge us? That's some BS right there.

And she even let the lady know that I had dropped it into the water. I had her explain the entire process (minus the drunk part) and it passed. I am an honest guy and I can guarantee that my mother is just as honest. I was willing to spend the 125 for the insurance replacement. But they had her examine the phone while talking to them and even passed it to a manager. They said it was covered.
    and you did do it through the warranty not insurance right??? cause it doesn't matter if the agent or manager says its covered through the warranty or not.. once the certified techs. inspect it and you get charged its completely valid and non-reversible...i deal with this stuff all day man im the person people want to talk to you when they do get charged and claim the agent and a manager said it would be alright and approve the warranty exchange....just trying to help out and let you know the facts....
    06-09-09 11:16 AM
    and you did do it through the warranty not insurance right??? cause it doesn't matter if the agent or manager says its covered through the warranty or not.. once the certified techs. inspect it and you get charged its completely valid and non-reversible...i deal with this stuff all day man im the person people want to talk to you when they do get charged and claim the agent and a manager said it would be alright and approve the warranty exchange....just trying to help out and let you know the facts....
    Yes.

So why even have a number that you can call? Why not just have the customer send in the phone and then make a decision?
    06-09-09 11:27 AM
    i work for at&t warranty escalations desk...... you better go through the ins. man because once we recieve that device back and notice it has water damage your gonna be charged $499.00 which is the processing fee for a device being out of warranty......dont thinK you would want to get charged that amount of money
    Why does this not surprise me... You guys wouldn't even bother to break off a phone call like "hey, sorry for the mis-understanding, but it looks like your phone doesn't qualify for warranty replacement due to water damage and we'll need to send you back this phone and you send us in the replacement." No, actually you just bend the customer over and come in sideways... But it wouldn't surprise me if a doctored device made it through your department every 5 mins... So I suppose the bone job is to make up for ALL of the ones that you miss, day in and day out. And just out of curiosity, why on earth would you turn down your $25 for 2,500 min employee plan to go with the Storm on Verizon? Something stinks...
    06-09-09 11:28 AM
    Even if they were told it had been dropped in water? Are your guys that stupid? Why do you even have a job if you cannot handle something so simple? I would be fired from my job if I pulled something like that.
    06-09-09 11:45 AM
    Why does this not surprise me... You guys wouldn't even bother to break off a phone call like "hey, sorry for the mis-understanding, but it looks like your phone doesn't qualify for warranty replacement due to water damage and we'll need to send you back this phone and you send us in the replacement." No, actually you just bend the customer over and come in sideways... But it wouldn't surprise me if a doctored device made it through your department every 5 mins... So I suppose the bone job is to make up for ALL of the ones that you miss, day in and day out. And just out of curiosity, why on earth would you turn down your $25 for 2,500 min employee plan to go with the Storm on Verizon? Something stinks...
    well i dont get any employee discounts i work for an outsourced company that is in contract with at&t so i actually dont get any discounts or employee benefits through at&t.....
    06-09-09 11:58 AM
    Does anyone know why I have to pay $125 to At&T for insurance for the bold..that's awfully high! Or am I just being cheap? I want to do a bezel swapo, but I'm scared I'll f it up and wont be able to use my warranty either..
    06-09-09 12:00 PM
    Even if they were told it had been dropped in water? Are your guys that stupid? Why do you even have a job if you cannot handle something so simple? I would be fired from my job if I pulled something like that.
    well of course there are gonna be stupid agents and managers in every call center and everywhere i just do my job of what im told to and how warranty works...and yes those agents that do pull that crap do get fired over it b/c its not right.....
    06-09-09 12:04 PM
    well i dont get any employee discounts i work for an outsourced company that is in contract with at&t so i actually dont get any discounts or employee benefits through at&t.....
    ... Love the response simply because I can tell you have common sense working for a company that of course doesn't. There really is nothing to say about anything above the "employee discount" question because it is just too much common sense, real world, normal people sort of stuff...
    06-09-09 12:07 PM
    Does anyone know why I have to pay $125 to At&T for insurance for the bold..that's awfully high! Or am I just being cheap? I want to do a bezel swapo, but I'm scared I'll f it up and wont be able to use my warranty either..
    squaretrade.com... My phone breaks (yes, I have ADH) and I either get IT fixed or $400 cash... less a $50 deductible.
    Last edited by sandos; 06-09-09 at 12:11 PM.
    06-09-09 12:08 PM
    well it does state in the terms and conditions about why you would be charged and the reason we cant receive the replacement back is b/c a phone was already processed and was found oow.....
    06-09-09 12:09 PM
    The only thing is that it almost sounds like an insurance replacement, and not warranty. Warranty does not cover water damage from what I have experienced. Someone I know lied over the phone and said that sticker was white, and when it was discovered red they sent him the phone back and immediately billed him.

With insurance it doesn't matter not one bit what you do with the phone. You could go swimming in the ocean with it, it won't matter.

Let us know how this turns out.
    06-09-09 12:11 PM
    ... Love the response simply because I can tell you have common sense working for a company that of course doesn't. There really is nothing to say about anything above the "employee discount" question because it is just too much common sense, real world, normal people sort of stuff...
    well ya of course i do agree with you that it should be that way b/c why should you have to depend some agents over the phone to tell you if your phone is under warranty or not if its not even gonna matter in the end anyway.....like i said im just letting you guys know how it actually works through the warranty of at&t and on that aspect they rip people off when it comes to warranty..i could tell you some screwed up stories about the warranty of at&t....lol
    06-09-09 12:12 PM
    The only thing is that it almost sounds like an insurance replacement, and not warranty. Warranty does not cover water damage from what I have experienced. Someone I know lied over the phone and said that sticker was white, and when it was discovered red they sent him the phone back and immediately billed him.

With insurance it doesn't matter not one bit what you do with the phone. You could go swimming in the ocean with it, it won't matter.

Let us know how this turns out.
    ya thats what it sounds like to me too thats why i asked but he said it was done through the warranty....
    06-09-09 12:13 PM
    well ya of course i do agree with you that it should be that way b/c why should you have to depend some agents over the phone to tell you if your phone is under warranty or not if its not even gonna matter in the end anyway.....like i said im just letting you guys know how it actually works through the warranty of at&t and on that aspect they rip people off when it comes to warranty..i could tell you some screwed up stories about the warranty of at&t....lol
    I'd love to hear them... It always makes me laugh when a company like AT&T just digs themselves a deeper hole
    06-09-09 12:14 PM
    I'd love to hear them... It always makes me laugh when a company like AT&T just digs themselves a deeper hole
    well the calls that i get at least 10 times a day is people getting charged for physical damage... this lady said her phone that we sent back to her was basically smashed in half and was in 5 different pieces and now she is getting charged for it...She said she didn't send it in that way, which i believed her b/c thats common sense that if she did you know she was gonna be charged....but explained to her the charges are valid b/c i have to and the thing that gets me is say if it was damaged in shipment the box is gonna be all torn up and **** right?! but there still gonna charge b/c thats how screwed the warranty exchange is.......
    06-09-09 12:21 PM
    well the calls that i get at least 10 times a day is people getting charged for physical damage... this lady said her phone that we sent back to her was basically smashed in half and was in 5 different pieces and now she is getting charged for it...She said she didn't send it in that way, which i believed her b/c thats common sense that if she did you know she was gonna be charged....but explained to her the charges are valid b/c i have to and the thing that gets me is say if it was damaged in shipment the box is gonna be all torn up and **** right?! but there still gonna charge b/c thats how screwed the warranty exchange is.......
    Postal insurance anyone? Great, now everyone will just try to commit insurance fraud...
    06-09-09 12:24 PM
    Postal insurance anyone? Great, now everyone will just try to commit insurance fraud...
    ya you would figure that would be the safe to go. but im telling you that does not matter with at&t there gonna claim the charges are valid just to get more money from you....
    06-09-09 12:28 PM
    ya you would figure that would be the safe to go. but im telling you that does not matter with at&t there gonna claim the charges are valid just to get more money from you....
    Of course... Just like they're charging existing iPhone 3G customers $600 if they want to "early upgrade" to the 3GS.
    06-09-09 12:34 PM
    Of course... Just like they're charging existing iPhone 3G customers $600 if they want to "early upgrade" to the 3GS.
    exactly!!!
    06-09-09 12:43 PM
    I have the exact same problem as you, and I ordered a trackball from cnn.cn and replaced the trackball myself. However that didn't solve the problem and the trackball still keeps double-clicking. However, what I want to tell you is, through this process of replacing the trackball, I found out there is another sticker on the trackball circuit right underneath the trackball. And yes for me that sticker was red.
    06-09-09 12:59 PM
    I have the exact same problem as you, and I ordered a trackball from cnn.cn and replaced the trackball myself. However that didn't solve the problem and the trackball still keeps double-clicking. However, what I want to tell you is, through this process of replacing the trackball, I found out there is another sticker on the trackball circuit right underneath the trackball. And yes for me that sticker was red.
    well there is only 2 on the bold... im sure there is other stickers there internally on the device im not sure if that is one of the stickers or not what color are the other 2 stickers on your device??
    06-09-09 01:02 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD