I recently dropped my bold and broke the battery latch as i noted in a previous thread. I ordered a full bezel from dealsishop.com which i will prolly replace myself after seeing some tutorials on disassembly.

I guess I have 2 questions.

-I called ATT today to check on my insurance and they said if i try to fix it myself, and if anything still effs up with my bb, I can still file an insurance claim, can anybody confirm this?

-Also, when I replace my bezel, from what ive seen, the screen doesnt really have to be taken out, is this true? im not replacing the trackball from what ive seen in some of the tutorials.

Please advise.

Thanks.
    07-21-09 01:20 AM
    I recently dropped my bold and broke the battery latch as i noted in a previous thread. I ordered a full bezel from dealsishop.com which i will prolly replace myself after seeing some tutorials on disassembly.

I guess I have 2 questions.

-I called ATT today to check on my insurance and they said if i try to fix it myself, and if anything still effs up with my bb, I can still file an insurance claim, can anybody confirm this?

-Also, when I replace my bezel, from what ive seen, the screen doesnt really have to be taken out, is this true? im not replacing the trackball from what ive seen in some of the tutorials.

Please advise.

Thanks.
    1 is true if you just tell them it's broke. I don't think I would share the repair details. 2 is also true.
    07-21-09 05:13 AM
    i got my bezel today from dealsishop and installed it, i ended up taking out the screen, it went in a lot easier...so far my experience was good, the volume didnt work for a sec, so i reseated the midplate so im good to go...:-)
    07-22-09 10:26 AM
    i thought att insurance doesnt cover you dropping your phone?
    07-22-09 10:33 AM
    att insurance covers drops, water, pretty much anything. As long as you pay the deductable.
    07-22-09 10:55 AM
    att insurance covers drops, water, pretty much anything. As long as you pay the deductable.
    Yup, this is true, as well as loss.
    07-22-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD