Hi guys,

I'm new here. I'm going from the Android platform to Blackberry. I want to get a 9930 on ebay/Amazon, but I don't know if blackberry warranty will cover. Would you happen to know? If ebay/Amazon doesn't cover, how can I obtain the warranty?
    09-19-13 04:56 PM
    Maybe factory warranty only? That is about half year hardware and 2 year software in the Netherlands....

Don 't know anymore... sorry

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:05 PM
    It depends on where you are, but typically BlackBerry warranty is serviced by the cellular carrier. In other words, it is not likely you will have warranty unless the seller happens to be a cellular dealer and is selling the phone on behalf of a carrier.

I think there are only a couple of areas in the world were BlackBerry does the service themselves, perhaps Indonesia and one other country. The phone would still have to have been bought in that country from an authorized dealer in order to get warranty work.
    09-20-13 10:28 AM
    Thank you all!
    09-20-13 02:29 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm new here. I'm going from the Android platform to Blackberry. I want to get a 9930 on ebay/Amazon, but I don't know if blackberry warranty will cover. Would you happen to know? If ebay/Amazon doesn't cover, how can I obtain the warranty?
    Hate to break this new to you, but the one-year limited warranty on RIM Blackberry handsets only applies to the original purchaser, and cannot be transferred. Youíll need to make a deal with either a dealer, or your carrier, if you have to replace or repair the device. You can find the Blackberry device limited warranty by country at this URL:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM) - US

But consider that you might not need the warranty if you donít encounter real serious problems. Most usersí problems involve software configuration and carrier issues, and thereís a very good chance that you might change your device and service before wearing out the device.

Iíve viewed the lower cost for pre-owned devices (which Iíve personally bought and wore out) as a tradeoff and a gamble. So far Iíve been lucky (maybe) since most of the serious problems Iíve had were from bugs that the manufacturers have no intention of fixing (i.e. Palm, HTC, Samsung, RIM). I feel much better knowing that I would have paid a lot more if I had bought all of those devices new, and would still have had to deal with the same aggravation and no added value.
    09-20-13 06:20 PM
    Thanks. I read up on that too. I went ahead and bought a used device. I was willing to pay full price for a brand new. But Bestbuy/Target don't carry them anymore. The only source for a new device is from eBay sellers, which RIM will be reluctant to honor. Thanks again.
    09-20-13 10:38 PM
    Just to confuse the issue even more, if it is a branded device and it is the same brand as your carrier, your carrier can do warranty work. For example, I Bought a 9900 a few months after they came out. It was a Rogers one that an American had imported to use on AT&T while he waited for AT&T to get the 9900. I used it for a bit less than a year and it developed dead pixels. Rogers fixed it for free as is was in their system.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 08:36 AM