Hello Folks!

Currently i have a iphone 16g(yes i got sucked into the hype, it lasted sometime) i had a bb curve which i also liked but i wanted to try out the touch screens and all the apps on the iphone... well NOW I miss my blackberry and i travel alot and international calling/data rates are ludacris with the iphone so i want get new BB's for my wife and I preferably the "Bold" becuase we both miss buttuns and the international calling/data rates suck and frankly I want a blackberry(dont tell my wife that). I currently live in virginia and have atat as my coverage and i travel alot so my question is

Which is the best network coverage for me "data plan/calling" for back and forth traveling between the states and other countries

and take in mind that i dont call alot im pretty much a text/email/web junkie so mins is not a problem for me its just i need to keep in contact with my wife while im out for months at a time. Thanks For the Help in Advance
    04-28-09 05:19 AM
    if you plan on traveling to other countries, you will need a GSM phone. that narrows your choice down to networks. Tmobile or AT&T. AT&T is the only company to offer the Bold as a branded handset in the states. since you have an iphone, im guessing you have AT&T.

something tells me im misunderstanding what you are asking though.

your line asking "Which is the best network coverage for me "data plan/calling" for back and forth traveling between the states and other countries" doesnt really make any sense to me. what exactly are you looking for?
    04-28-09 05:42 AM
    I would get the tmobile curve 8900. You are going to want to take advantage of UMA. UMA allows you to make calls for free over your wifi connection, it cost $10 extra on tmobile and will save you a lot. ATT does not offer UMA and the Bold does not support it, no 3g phone does yet. If the majority of your overseas calls come from people in your host country, then I'd get a local sim card. You can sometimes get your carrier to unlock your phone if you tell them that you need a local number (with them) and an international number (second sim card) for your extended trips. Emphasize that it would be cheaper for you cancel your contract then get stuck with 2 months of roaming fees. Verizon unlocked my storm when I told them that I need an Israeli number for an extended trip. Truth is that I will only be there a week.
    04-28-09 06:15 AM
    Zinadork,

There is an app for the bold that allows you to make long distance calls cheaper like using a calling card. It's called Vopium.
    04-28-09 07:05 AM
    I would highly suggest the bold for better call quality and coverage compared to the iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 07:29 AM
    Zinadork,

There is an app for the bold that allows you to make long distance calls cheaper like using a calling card. It's called Vopium.
    Can u let me know more about this program? Its something that I am interested in cuz I do make a lot of long distance calls and skype is not out yet for the bold.

04-28-09 08:12 AM
    I would get the tmobile curve 8900. You are going to want to take advantage of UMA. UMA allows you to make calls for free over your wifi connection, it cost $10 extra on tmobile and will save you a lot. ATT does not offer UMA and the Bold does not support it, no 3g phone does yet. If the majority of your overseas calls come from people in your host country, then I'd get a local sim card. You can sometimes get your carrier to unlock your phone if you tell them that you need a local number (with them) and an international number (second sim card) for your extended trips. Emphasize that it would be cheaper for you cancel your contract then get stuck with 2 months of roaming fees. Verizon unlocked my storm when I told them that I need an Israeli number for an extended trip. Truth is that I will only be there a week.
    I aggree with what you said but which network coverage has better plans for international coverage should i just stay with atat and which to the blackberry or go with another network?
    04-28-09 08:35 AM
    Timobile will have cheaper international rates for texting and calls. Plus u can unlock your phone and use the international sims

04-28-09 11:11 AM
    Timobile will have cheaper international rates for texting and calls. Plus u can unlock your phone and use the international sims

you can do that with any GSM phone, as long it is quadband/triband.
    04-28-09 04:38 PM

T-Mo USA uses 3G frequencies which are not compatible with Bold. Internationally a Bold will be fine but within US on T-Mo carrier it will onlyu make 2G.
    04-28-09 05:45 PM
    which is better for 3g
    04-30-09 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD