I can't decide. I love having the newest BB and want to jump ship to the tour because of the Verizon coverage. But what about the Onyx? Should I wait for that? When is that coming?
    07-03-09 06:49 PM
    No matter what anyone here tells you the decision is ultimately up to you. But by you saying jump ship to Verizon for coverage. Seems like you already made up your mind.
    07-03-09 07:00 PM
    No matter what anyone here tells you the decision is ultimately up to you. But by you saying jump ship to Verizon for coverage. Seems like you already made up your mind.
    Same senitments here. If Verizon has better coverage then you should switch
    anyway no matter the phone. Obviously AT&T is having lackluster coverage
    so the OP's mind is indeed made up.
    07-03-09 07:06 PM
    Well I read in the tour forum, they were wondering if the tour had the capabilities to make phone calls or not.

On a more serious note, I think I would wait for the onyx. The tour doesn't seem any much better if it is any better than the bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 09:17 PM
    The Bold and the Tour both running OS 5.0 the Bold is still a better phone. Wait for the Onyx.
    07-03-09 09:20 PM
    Go with the Bold. The Tour isnt much of an upgrade lol better camera and memory. I'll take voice/data, and wifi over that any day!
    07-03-09 11:14 PM
    Why is everyone sooo pumped about the tour? am i missing someting? ive had the storm 8900 and now my bold, all the tour is is the 8900 but without wifi am i wrong? Cheap plastic wanabe painted chrome bezel that will chip within the first month... Wait for the onyx, cant wait for the trackpad, but i love my bold also the chrome bezel is awsome and the phone itself is sleek, not to mention the specs. it has everything, the tour seems like a step down.
    07-03-09 11:24 PM
    Why is everyone sooo pumped about the tour? am i missing someting? ive had the storm 8900 and now my bold, all the tour is is the 8900 but without wifi am i wrong? Cheap plastic wanabe painted chrome bezel that will chip within the first month... Wait for the onyx, cant wait for the trackpad, but i love my bold also the chrome bezel is awsome and the phone itself is sleek, not to mention the specs. it has everything, the tour seems like a step down.
    The Bold's bezel is the same plastic, if not worse than the Tour's...

Anyways, to the OP, wait for the Onyx, definitely.
    07-03-09 11:39 PM
    Onyx is a great looking phone, but from what the OP's speaking of, seems like the decision is made.

Choose your carrier first!
    07-03-09 11:41 PM
    Go with the Bold. The Tour isnt much of an upgrade lol better camera and memory. I'll take voice/data, and wifi over that any day!
    Sadly that is only with GSM, that would be nice, but hey, i can still text and talk at the same time and VZW will have WiFi BB's soon.
    07-03-09 11:42 PM
    If Verizon has better coverage where you are, and you need said coverage, go with the tour. If AT&T has good enough coverage where you are, then probably wait for the onyx and not worry about any early termination fees (if applicable).

This is a phone after all. Personally, it doesn't do me any good without a reliable cell signal (which is why I went to AT&T from Verizon, for MY area).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 12:07 AM
    yeah but if you do buy it, whats gonna stop you from buying the newest bb after the onyx? im happy with my bold, my bold is nicer than any phone out there.
    07-04-09 12:33 AM
    is the main difference the 3G? that is what I can understand from the posts so far. I will be a first time BB user. I have a couple questions. I do not plan on accessing the internet except for wi-fi spots. I live in the country and have poor service. So, does the 3G matter for me or is it used for something besides the internet? I only have 3G on my current phone when I drive a couple hours to the city.

Thanks for your help.
    07-04-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD