05-23-10 11:08 PM
33 12
tools
    Dont' forget that the battery life on the 9700 is absolutely awesome. I have tried and tested many of the latest smart phones (iphone, palm pre, HTC HD2, HTC Hero, Nokia N900) and nothing comes close!!!!!!!!!

Please can someone explain how RIM does this.

On the other phones I used to spend quite a lot of time switching on/off 3g, wifi, data, etc, just to conserve the battery, but on the 9700 I dont have to worry at all. (I have never used bluetooth and always make sure that I'm not running loads in the background - although saying that I can leave MSN and facebook running and I still get excellent battery life). There's no way I could do that with any other phone that I've tried!!!

For the battery, after two years with an iPhone it's just awesome. When i knew i was out for the night i had to pay attention to the battery all day long now it's'far behind... And you have push mail, BBM connected...
    For the web browser i have excellent 3G everywhere in my city, i have the latest OS leak and it worth my old 3G, maybe more because during the loading of the web, i BBM... No way with the iPhone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 06:50 AM
    I wonder how many people would choose Blackberry if it goes as "touch" device? I think not many, that's why Storm is not such a success...

05-23-10 02:49 PM
    I can't believe someone hasn't recommended it yet, but here goes.

9700+iPod Touch.

Gives you the email, and messaging workhorse of a bb, plus the apps, games, and multimedia functionality that you need. All done without breaking the bank!

Enjoy!

U are exactly right that the exact combo I have. Use the ipod for youtube and videos and games some email and ur music and use the bold for ya text,bbm,email,and calling so doing other stuff won't run down ya battery.

05-23-10 03:01 PM
    Don't even get the iPhone HD get u the 9800 if u love the BlackBerry™ then u know ur gone want this one every reason u thinking bout the iPhone the new slider will have faster better internet all of it. U won't be disappointed if u wanna know about it. If u got twiTter follow me @blackberry1news . Good luck with ya decision

05-23-10 03:05 PM
    I say wait for the 4g to come out, go to the store and play with both then decide. For me its hard to decide to purchase anything without trying it out. Personally I'm not one for touch screens but everyone has their own preference.

05-23-10 04:12 PM
    Slider 9800 is definitely not an option. I don't luck sliders - so I am particulary interested in 9700 only. We'll see. I am not sure 9700 will ever get OS6 with better rowser so I worry if I get stuck with the ancient one. iPhone doesn't seem together his email weakness fixed either. Two devices - that's extreme ;-) I know I have to give up something just trying to figure out what it will be ;-)

05-23-10 04:39 PM
    i would wait to june to see what the 4th gen iphone offers...thinking its gonna be a bad@ss device

also, with the 9800 slider coming june/july too, the 9700 is gonna drop in price and be easy to find in the marketplace and craigslist

im waiting for the slider to drop so i can buy a 9700 outright

my berry needs a real qwerty board
    05-23-10 10:15 PM
    It really comes down to what you are going to use your phone for the most. Each has areas that it excells in.

I too have the 9700 and the iPod Touch, and for me that's the best combo. I have been around plenty of iPhones to know that I do not want one. Currently, yes, they do have better web browsing and probably better apps/games. iPhone call quality and battery life are far below the 9700 though in my experience. Be ready to charge the iPhone daily. All that can change with each new phone that comes out though.

For me personally though, I find the web browser on the 9700 perfectly adequate, and more than fulfills my needs. But I'm not a heavy phone web user. Emailng and texting are outstanding on the 9700. Email on the iPhone, not so much, I find it not that user friendly. But I will say that they are capable of doing any email, I've seen plenty with corporate email pushing on them. The biggest thing for me is I do not like the keyboard on the iPhone. I don't mind a touchscreen, but I don't like the keyboard. That and the lack of customization because the iPhones are locked down more. As far as calendars go, I don't really see and edge with one over the other. I have been very pleased with the one on the 9700 though.

I have been very happy with the media capabilites on the 9700 too. I have been happy with the picture and video quality. And the media player is just fine. And with the ability to put in a 32gb card, more than enough room for a large playlist and lots of photos. iPhone has pretty good media capabilities as well, just limited memory. And there are tons of apps for the 9700, they just are pricey, you are better off here on crackberry the the RIM App store.

In my experience, I think web browsing is more dependant on your coverage and reception than anything else (assuming you're not using a 5 year old phone). I have watched youtube on the 9700 without any problems.

While I don't subscribe to, and actually get annoyed at the 'Blackberry's are only for business' camp, they are definitely aimed that direction. That's their niche. But Blackberries are for anyone who want a great phone with multiple capabilities. The iPhone's have their niche too. For me the 9700 was the right choice.

If you really want the touchscreen, lots of apps and games, and will use the media portion more, heavy web browsing, than the iPhone is probably for you.

If you're after more emails and texting usage, moderate web browsing, lots of media use, better call quality or high call volume, want to be able to customize your phone, and battery life, then I would suggest the 9700.

Hope that helps, good luck!
    05-23-10 11:08 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD