is the onyx/driftwood or something similar coming to vzw soon? vzw is taking over my alltel store october 18th and ill have a discounted upgrade and i wanted to get one but from the looks of it vzw wont get anything like it.

please tell me they will be getting one?
    08-16-09 11:56 PM
    The TOUR? do you not have?
    08-17-09 03:32 AM
    Better grab the Tour or wait for the Storm2!
    08-17-09 04:15 AM
    It's all in the radio. Onyx/Driftwood is GSM. VZW is CDMA. CDMA =/= GSM. You want a sweet CDMA BB, then Tour or Storm 2 is your bet.

Good luck making a good choice
    08-17-09 04:27 AM
    arent the onyxs supposed to be alot better than the tour?
    08-18-09 09:51 AM
    arent the onyxs supposed to be alot better than the tour?
    Not a lot better, same ram/memory, same camera, same screen, same OS (Tour will have 5.0 etc.) almost the same size and keyboard. Only difference really is 100mhz faster CPU and WiFi (tour has no wifi) but the 9650 will be out sometime early next year for Verizon and Sprint and it will be a Tour with Wifi. The Onyx isn't " alot better" than the Tour but it will be newer and have the track pad too. The new tour with wifi probably wont have the trackpad and will still have a trackball although I guess that could change.

The tour is the best CDMA BB and the Onyx will be the best GSM BB.
    08-18-09 09:56 AM
    It's an incremental upgrade, the trackpad looks sweet thought.
    08-18-09 10:26 AM
    will i notice that in the processor? i dont care about wifi i wouldnt ever use it but i am worried about speed and i want the fastest **** out when i buy it. i also want to try a trackpad before i buy something else with a trackball. i dont mind the trackball on my pearl but i didnt like how it felt on the tour because it doesnt hardly stick out of the casing.
    08-18-09 02:53 PM
    If you didn't like the trackball of the Tour, than the Onyx will be a step up. Processor speed will be noticeable, but not A "holy-cow" noticeable. More like an "oh, that's nice" noticeable.
    08-18-09 02:57 PM
    will i notice that in the processor? i dont care about wifi i wouldnt ever use it but i am worried about speed and i want the fastest **** out when i buy it. i also want to try a trackpad before i buy something else with a trackball. i dont mind the trackball on my pearl but i didnt like how it felt on the tour because it doesnt hardly stick out of the casing.
    Lol @ you Verizoners... you all want the world, don't ya?
    08-18-09 08:42 PM
    If you didn't like the trackball of the Tour, than the Onyx will be a step up. Processor speed will be noticeable, but not A "holy-cow" noticeable. More like an "oh, that's nice" noticeable.
    Processor speed will only be 100mhz faster, that works out to almost no difference in OS response. The difference will not be even be noticable by humans. With a Tour and an Onyx running OS 5.0 you won't see a difference at all really. **** I don't see a huge difference between the Bold and the TOur in terms of "snappiness" and response from the OS.

Time will tell though, no one has confirmed what CPU is in the Onyx, right now it's looking like the 6xxMhz CPU from the Bold.
    08-18-09 09:04 PM
    the storm 2. what more can you ask for. that phone is flashy. and there is the tour. you will be getting the atlas. and just maybe the nautilus as well. if you don't like the service of verizon, then jump ship.
    08-18-09 10:04 PM
    Processor speed will only be 100mhz faster, that works out to almost no difference in OS response. The difference will not be even be noticable by humans. With a Tour and an Onyx running OS 5.0 you won't see a difference at all really. **** I don't see a huge difference between the Bold and the TOur in terms of "snappiness" and response from the OS.

Time will tell though, no one has confirmed what CPU is in the Onyx, right now it's looking like the 6xxMhz CPU from the Bold.
    I know no one knows for sure yet, but I thought the onyx was rumored to have a 800mhz processoe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 10:38 PM
    To try out if you like the track pad stop by a T-Mobile store and play with the 8520. You won't notice the speed processor because its very small. Like someone has said the TOUR and the ONYX are somewhat similar its only minor differences, so with that said since one of the biggest difference is that one has WIFI and the other one doesn't and you don't care for WIFI, the the TOUR will be the one for you.
    08-18-09 10:38 PM
    yeah man the tour is probably the best phone u can get from VZW now. Or wait for the new Storm (odin)
    08-19-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD