Seems like none of the carriers OR RIM have included a microSD in any of the variations sold thoughout the world. Another cost cutting measure.
    08-15-11 07:53 PM
    a 2gb card is worthless anyways, mine will go in a drawer forever.
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    08-15-11 07:54 PM
    I find that usually any included card that comes with the device does me no good. I usually have a larger card I can put into the device and the memory card that came with the device just sits somewhere. So this doesn't bother me.

I have like 4 2 Gig cards lol
    Last edited by USSZulu; 08-15-11 at 08:13 PM.
    08-15-11 08:08 PM
    The pocket is much nicer
    Why would you prefer that? You can't clip it onto anything.
    08-15-11 08:09 PM
    I ordered mine right away last night and got the "2GB card in the 9650" thing too. My order confirmation says it, so I'm expecting at least it to have a 2GB card installed. I don't care if it's a screw up. It's Verizon's fault that they can't double check what they post on their website, so I will be calling to complain if it's not in there.

I do have a 16gb card from my old Storm that I'll put in the new phone, but I paid a lot of money and it says on my order confirmation email that it's included.
    but doesn't that argument open the door for Verizon to ship you a 9650 then, too? lol
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    08-15-11 08:12 PM
    but doesn't that argument open the door for Verizon to ship you a 9650 then, too? lol
    No! I got my Equipment upgrade (9930), then the included accessories. Below is a screenshot of my confirmation email. Looks to me like there should be a 2GB microsd included.

08-15-11 08:21 PM
    Verizon seems to be cutting the corners these days on memory cards. They didn't include one with the Droid 3, I made sure my buyer knew this is advance. I do have a 16GB Class 6 ready for media and HD video storage.
    08-15-11 08:36 PM
    Why would you prefer that? You can't clip it onto anything.
    If you put your phone in your pocket, as I do, it's a lot easier if you don't have the big clip thing on it. I detest the holster.
    08-15-11 08:45 PM
    If you put your phone in your pocket, as I do, it's a lot easier if you don't have the big clip thing on it. I detest the holster.
    Oh, by all means if you want to keep your phone in a case while in your pocket, then the pocket case is your best bet. I'm talking in general, like you wanted to put the phone on your belt or even on your pocket to wear it, you can't do that without a holster.
    08-15-11 09:58 PM
    the vzn charge came with a 32gb card.
    08-15-11 10:02 PM
    I went ahead and ordered a 32 GB SD card
    2 GB is what I was told that comes with it
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-15-11 10:10 PM
    I went ahead and ordered a 32 GB SD card
    2 GB is what I was told that comes with it
    u order that from vzw? if so what price?
    08-15-11 10:39 PM
    I'll just use my storm 2's 16gig card
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-15-11 10:48 PM
    Wondering if the VZW is messed up with that mAh of the battery, or if the cdma version is really 1400. Interesting. Prob the former, but nice to dream

No! I got my Equipment upgrade (9930), then the included accessories. Below is a screenshot of my confirmation email. Looks to me like there should be a 2GB microsd included.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 10:56 PM
    The tb came with a 32 gb card. You all are getting ripped. $249 for a 3g phone with no memory card? Atleast make it $199 like the rest of their 3g phones. Then again they probably figure they wont sell many bb so why not jack the price up.
    08-15-11 11:02 PM
    The tb came with a 32 gb card. You all are getting ripped. $249 for a 3g phone with no memory card? Atleast make it $199 like the rest of their 3g phones. Then again they probably figure they wont sell many bb so why not jack the price up.
    Umm it was $199..
    08-15-11 11:06 PM
    u order that from vzw? if so what price?

I got it from Amazon for $42 i think
    free shipping
    08-15-11 11:35 PM
    how are you guys getting it for 199? did you have a new every 2 activation or was it early? I keep seeing that and it makes me think they're changing the price based on the market (zip code) you're in.
    08-15-11 11:40 PM
    I still have my 16gb from the original droid. With a $250 price point, they couldn't include a 2gb card at least?
    08-15-11 11:47 PM
    It doesn't make much of a difference to me. I have the 8GB card from my Original Tour, My 8GB card from my Evo, and a 16GB card from my HTC HD7. So I don't really need another on LOL
    08-16-11 12:00 AM
    how are you guys getting it for 199? did you have a new every 2 activation or was it early? I keep seeing that and it makes me think they're changing the price based on the market (zip code) you're in.
    Not sure.. I live in New York and the price kept saying $249.99 last night then randomly changed over to $199.99 which is when I bought it. It mentioned "online discount" or something, but now again its showing up as $249.99. I'm not entirely sure, the reps that I talked to online made it seem as if they didn't know either and it might have been an error with the website (as they had just made a big change to it)

Honestly I'm not entirely sure, but it might have also just been like an 8 hour thing (from midnight to 8am) or maybe the web developers realized it and they fixed it soon after. Honestly no idea, it could be anything :/

PS. I was using my 2 year upgrade. NOT my NE2 (that's primary line only and I'm on the secondary line) I am talking about using just the normal 2 year upgrade.
    SirVancelot likes this.
    08-16-11 12:27 AM
    Not sure.. I live in New York and the price kept saying $249.99 last night then randomly changed over to $199.99 which is when I bought it. It mentioned "online discount" or something, but now again its showing up as $249.99. I'm not entirely sure, the reps that I talked to online made it seem as if they didn't know either and it might have been an error with the website (as they had just made a big change to it)

Honestly I'm not entirely sure, but it might have also just been like an 8 hour thing (from midnight to 8am) or maybe the web developers realized it and they fixed it soon after. Honestly no idea, it could be anything :/

PS. I was using my 2 year upgrade. NOT my NE2 (that's primary line only and I'm on the secondary line) I am talking about using just the normal 2 year upgrade.
    You got lucky then. That's a big deal if you ask me. With the $50 you saved you can get yourself a charging dock and a couple screen protectors or a case.. ah
    08-16-11 12:39 AM
    You got lucky then. That's a big deal if you ask me. With the $50 you saved you can get yourself a charging dock and a couple screen protectors or a case.. ah
    I mean I guess... I was planning on using my NE2 upgrade on this one though, the problem was that when I went to use it, it only took $100 off of the 249.99 price bringing it to $149.99 instead of $99.99. The rep online told me to just save my NE2 because obviously something strange was going on and to just use my secondary lines to upgrade, so I did.

I mean I was lucky and many others were, I don't deny that.. But at the same time, I am not as happy as I wanted to be because I still have my NE2 upgrade which has been up for like 2 years and a few months. I was set on using it, but it turned out that using it would just screw me over out of $50 which is kinda dumb.. I guess I could just wait and use that one on the QNX phones when they come out. Bah I don't know. Chances are that Verizon is going to drop the price down to $199.99 anyways, I mean Rogers did it days after so who knows.
    08-16-11 12:50 AM
    To confirm - Just received my 9930 and there is no sd card.
    08-16-11 08:31 AM
    To confirm - Just received my 9930 and there is no sd card.
    Thanks - I ordered a 16gb card last night...$30 w/free Prime shipping from Amazon...
    08-16-11 08:51 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD