ok, so obviously i'm frustrated that the new blackberries haven't been released, let alone mentioned by verizon, but alas, i am a loyal verizon customer. does anyone have any clue or have i missed a thread about possible dates? i thought the road map said Q3, which still leaves until the end of september, but my phone has been acting up, in lieu of telling me that it is physically dying lol. VZW wants $100 for my insurance to get a refurb 9650, or if i send it in under warranty, i can run the risk that there is too much physical damage to the phone and end up paying $299 based on what some warehouse guys think my phone looks like. any info would be appreciated. just ready to upgrade.
    08-04-11 11:56 PM
    Did you look in the VZW Forum? http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon-wireless-f71/

That's really where this post belongs.
    08-05-11 07:17 AM
    Yep, check the VZW forum for more up-to-date info. Something's coming, some of the VZW stores here are down to two BBerry models. That usually means they're making room for something new....

In the meantime, might I suggest craigslist or ebay for a replacement phone? I was in a similar boat a few years back with my Moto Q. Got one off craigslist for about $80, then I sold my dead unit as a "for parts - as is" on ebay. Just a thought....
    08-05-11 10:29 AM
    VZW store I went to only had the Bold 9650 and Curve. Rep told me they were not making Blackberries anymore. I looked at him and said with a British accent "***-Cheeks!".

The reps and phone jockeys know nothing. We can only speculate based on everything we've seen to this point. Sure, I would love to speculate, thanks for asking....

Scenario1 - 4G Hint Sideshow - the leaked vid on the VZW page had the dude hinting that the phone would be 4G. We just shrugged that off as nonsense. Then, the VZW leaked roadmap showed the new Curve possibly being 4G. Again, we say "typo". And now the USA's largest carrier with the best coverage and fastest 4G LTE network is the only one left not mentioning any new BB devices. Leaves a little to the imagination I guess.

Scenario2 - Big Red says BBBye - they don't like RIM, and would rather sell Slap-Chops in the store than new BB's.

Scenario3 - VZW just has not yet announced the devices yet.

The conspiracy theorist in me says #1.
    The pessimist in me says #2.
    The realist in me says #3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mustangv8 likes this.
    08-05-11 12:48 PM
    ok, so obviously i'm frustrated that the new blackberries haven't been released, let alone mentioned by verizon, but alas, i am a loyal verizon customer. does anyone have any clue or have i missed a thread about possible dates? i thought the road map said Q3, which still leaves until the end of september, but my phone has been acting up, in lieu of telling me that it is physically dying lol. VZW wants $100 for my insurance to get a refurb 9650, or if i send it in under warranty, i can run the risk that there is too much physical damage to the phone and end up paying $299 based on what some warehouse guys think my phone looks like. any info would be appreciated. just ready to upgrade.
    Since I have been waiting for far too long, and lived through the dreaded 2+ years of owning my pos storm, I know the feeling of being without a usefull phone and continual waiting for a phone that actually works. Unless you can possibly wait a few weeks to two months(guesstimate), I think you should foot the bill for that $100.
    08-06-11 03:18 AM
    The first new BlackBerry should be released around the 18th of August (give or take a few) on Verizon.
    08-06-11 01:20 PM
    And it will not be enough of an advance to even know you changed phones unless you have a really outdated BB or the POS Storm. Here is my plan. i am going to the I5 till the QNX phones come out then back to BB of some kind. Or I could just keep my Bold till the QNX comes out but that makes my phone way outdated.The I4 is way outdated now also.It is really sad. Everybody concentrated on the tablets and the phones suffered because of it. Lets just make a tablet talk and we can throw the phones away and i do not even have a tablet of any kind. Just 3 phones and 2 laptops. i think thats enought to travel with.LOL
    08-06-11 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD