funny and sooo mature!. you can always take your business elsewhere. i did. it's kinda how this country operates. you are not happy with a company, you switch.

vzn doesn't make advance announcements these days. i expect the phone to be announced soon and released a few days later.
    Maybe for a home user like yourself its easy to flip phones between carriers and take your business somewhere else but in the REAL WORLD when your dealing with a large number of phones and corporate accounts it isn't that easy.

What are you 12?
    gwzach and maevinj like this.
    08-05-11 11:15 AM
    Often they will tell you they are not getting a phone, or that it's a ways out so that you will be tempted to get a phone they are currently selling. They would MUCH rather that you upgrade now.
    08-05-11 11:46 AM
    I am a BES administrator...
    Impressive.....not really

Business customers who are getting shafted with little to no information are justified in their frustration.
    VZW doesn't owe you an explanation or a timeline. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    08-05-11 11:51 AM
    When was the last time a Verizon CSR (or any CSR) actually had release information before the forums did . . . how about very likely never.

Verizon likely chose not to say anything about the launch date at the BB7 Fan Nite because they want to move the existing inventory they have (dropping the price helps which they did) before they announce the new ones or release them. I would suspect the 9930 is an August release, but the 10th/11th seems too good to be true. I am hopeful and would like to rejoin the BB ranks from a Droid world.
    08-05-11 01:00 PM
    Maybe for a home user like yourself its easy to flip phones between carriers and take your business somewhere else but in the REAL WORLD when your dealing with a large number of phones and corporate accounts it isn't that easy.

What are you 12?
    +1. I have 15 plus phones and I am not leaving either.

AT&T (cingular "snicker" at the time) had horrible coverage. We aren't going back.

So we stick to Verizon.
    08-05-11 01:11 PM
    FWIW, I called VZW earlier this week myself and received similar responses to the others quoted here. I also received a callback survey seconds after my call in which I left a detailed message pertaining to my concerns regarding the relationship between Verizon and BlackBerry. I got a call from a supervisor rep yesterday concerned about my comments, and while he had no concrete info he could give me about the 9930, he assured me that VZW has a "strong" relationship with RIM and has no intentions of altering that relationship. Of course, he also inquired as to why I am so committed to RIM. I gave him my reasons, including the business-friendly aspect of the company (camera/no camera options, etc.) and he apparently saw my point. His advice to me was to "hang tight" and news would be hopefully forthcoming about the new BBs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-11 01:15 PM
    FWIW, I called VZW earlier this week myself and received similar responses to the others quoted here. I also received a callback survey seconds after my call in which I left a detailed message pertaining to my concerns regarding the relationship between Verizon and BlackBerry. I got a call from a supervisor rep yesterday concerned about my comments, and while he had no concrete info he could give me about the 9930, he assured me that VZW has a "strong" relationship with RIM and has no intentions of altering that relationship. Of course, he also inquired as to why I am so committed to RIM. I gave him my reasons, including the business-friendly aspect of the company (camera/no camera options, etc.) and he apparently saw my point. His advice to me was to "hang tight" and news would be hopefully forthcoming about the new BBs.

I probably would have given him a reason that he wouldn't take seriously. My current device just sucks.
    08-05-11 01:27 PM
    Ugh, I just don't know what to do. I've been hooked on BlackBerry since I purchased my first 8330 in 2008. I move to each new device and I'm currently using the 9650. I just don't know if moving to the 9930 is what I should do, or make the move to Android.

Hasn't Verizon recently changed their upgrade policies? Usually, every 12 months they send me a text message offering me an early upgrade. I don't remember where I heard this, but I was under the impression that Verizon has changed their upgrading policy and I'll never be able to justify spending full retail price on a 9930 - I bought my 9650 on August 12, 2010...
    08-05-11 01:33 PM

08-05-11 01:39 PM
    Verizon will not be releasing 9930 until later in august.. After 3rd week at earliest!!

08-05-11 01:41 PM
    This is absolutely ridiculous. my work depends on these blackberries and RIM has seriously dropped the ball here. I don't want to here the excuses on why it is the carrier's fault. And Verizon not giving customers and information is also completely irresponsible and ridiculous. RIMs stock is dropping like a stone every day. Not even this marketing and attempt at hype is helping. Obviously big players know more about whats really going on. The stock is reflecting that.

I am married to blackberries/BES for the time being but I am one pissed off customer and I won't soon forget this both with Verizon and RIM.
    Your work depends on BlackBerrys and you're rocking a Storm1? Unless your work is "BlackBerry In-Store Sales Associate" at BestBuy or a job that demands that you NEVER be able to use your phone, I really think you shoulda got an upgrade by now... hard to blame VZW or RIM for that.
    08-05-11 02:41 PM
    Your work depends on BlackBerrys and you're rocking a Storm1? Unless your work is "BlackBerry In-Store Sales Associate" at BestBuy or a job that demands that you NEVER be able to use your phone, I really think you shoulda got an upgrade by now... hard to blame VZW or RIM for that.
    another great comment from a rocket scientist....

storm 2 is a terrible upgrade to a storm 1. my contract expired earlier this year and I have been waiting like most people for the 2011 blackberries to be released. why would I want to upgrade in to a just mildly better phone when I hated the first version?

I wouldn't expect you to understand. You don't manage a hundred phones for your employees obviously....
    08-05-11 02:55 PM
    Verizon will not be releasing 9930 until later in august.. After 3rd week at earliest!!

What info did you get on this?
    08-05-11 03:19 PM
    Tweet purportedly lists upcoming Verizon release dates - Phone Arena

Aug 10th, not sure how solid the rumor is though.
    08-05-11 03:34 PM
    My Storm was great. I just dropped it much.

Another person in my office who is still running 4.7 has zero issues also. Not all storms were bad.

Storm 2 was a waste to upgrade for me so I didn't.

Plus the best form factor I have had was the Treo 700w. So I want that style back.
    08-05-11 03:35 PM
    My Storm was great. I just dropped it much.

Another person in my office who is still running 4.7 has zero issues also. Not all storms were bad.

Storm 2 was a waste to upgrade for me so I didn't.

Plus the best form factor I have had was the Treo 700w. So I want that style back.
    I got my Storm2 for free because Verizon replaced my Storm 1 5 times! I got the 9650 through my own resources, I made a trade through CrackBerry Market Place.
    08-05-11 03:45 PM
    Aug 10th sounds good to me.
    08-05-11 09:18 PM
    Aug 10th sounds good to me.
    Me too, the 10th will work just fine
    08-05-11 09:25 PM
    I seem to remember the original 9800 release date was around the second week of August 2009, my ATT contract is over on the 12th it would be nice if VZW dropped the 9930 on the 13th!...the humm seems to be ATT is focusing on the 9810 first so maybe there's hope for a mid august 9930, I would switch in a heart beat, after the ATT bridge f-off and the abysmal call service in Manhattan i have been waiting, waiting, waiting for the 9930 for a long time. When i lost my 9800 i just went back to an older 9700 which is still a sweet device despite att'sucks service because i was not going to give att another contract.
    08-05-11 10:14 PM
    Tweet purportedly lists upcoming Verizon release dates - Phone Arena

Aug 10th, not sure how solid the rumor is though.
    That would be amazing! Same day I get my MacBookPro for college shipped to me! haha
    08-05-11 10:39 PM
    Say that Vzw's release is the 10th, would we see an online pre-order this weekend some time?

Hmmmm.

08-05-11 11:38 PM
    I have been refraining from putting in my .02 but here it goes. I have a Tour that needs replacing, I have no doubt that Big Red will sell the 9930, Torch, and Curve. I would like the 9930 today, its not going to happen but I think by Sept (maybey late August) we will see it. Nothing I can do but chill and wait. It will come, lets not stress over it! Peace out.
    08-05-11 11:41 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD