I spilled some milk on my blackberry bold 9900 on the weekend, it was in a case and i quickly cleaned it up, the phone still works but now the volume is really low on playing audio fiiles, and for listening to calls, when i connect the phone to my bluetooth speaker, the volume is fine of course, wondering if the external speaker on the phone is now toast,
    09-30-13 05:33 PM
    I spilled some milk on my blackberry bold 9900 on the weekend, it was in a case and i quickly cleaned it up, the phone still works but now the volume is really low on playing audio fiiles, and for listening to calls, when i connect the phone to my bluetooth speaker, the volume is fine of course, wondering if the external speaker on the phone is now toast,
    Hi!!! Welcome to CB!!!!

That's really bad luck with your 9900. I wonder....did you have insurance on it? It's really difficult to fix a phone that's gotten wet, and there is a lot of residue with things like milk.
    09-30-13 07:42 PM
    You can setup and test again.
    10-01-13 03:55 AM
    Turn off the bold.
    If you have the correct screws, I suggest you to open your bold 9900 carefully and clean inside with some water. Let it dry for 4 days and reassemble it. Everything will just work fine.
    I'm not kidding. I did it when my Bold 9900 got whisky spilled over it at a party...
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    10-01-13 04:28 AM
    Yes, bluetooth doesn't use the external speaker -- it bypasses or eliminates it. When a speaker dies, bluetooth can often still be used. Same with the ear/speaker. I've seen them go and only the speaker phone aspect can be used. Weird.

I am a tech *****, but my personal experiencec has tought me well...LOL. Sounds like the speaker might be toast. I guess it could start working again, but who knows.
    10-01-13 08:13 AM
    Turn off the bold.
    If you have the correct screws, I suggest you to open your bold 9900 carefully and clean inside with some water. Let it dry for 4 days and reassemble it. Everything will just work fine.
    I'm not kidding. I did it when my Bold 9900 got whisky spilled over it at a party...
    If a person can do it, good advice. Me, I'd screw that up big time. LOL.
    10-01-13 08:14 AM
    Hi, i have had this bold for about 2 and a half years, so i dont have any insurance on it anymore , , the phone has absolutley no problems, except for the lower volume on the media playing, its not too bad, for phone calls, as i can have a converstation on it, with no problem hearing the other person, and i have a bluetooth speaker at home and in my vehicle, However , i would still like to fix this, or if i dont i have another option, which may not be popular here, About 6 months ago, my neighbor sold me his iphone 4 unlocked, for a real good price, as they wanted to get the new iphone5 and needed money to help pay for it, so i bought it off him, i have been using it basically as an ipod touch at home, via wifi, and have basically gotten use to all the features, etc, and even gotten use to the touchscreen, I am contemplating getting a micro sim cutter so i can try out the iphone as my everyday phone device, I wonder how much it would cost to fix my berry, if its anything too much, i would think of just switching to the iphone full time.
    10-01-13 11:33 PM