Hello all,
    First time posting.
    I am an Iraq Vet and lost some of my hearing during my service. Since I'm partially deaf I MUST place my volume up loud (its not gonna hurt me).
    IF i wear my hearing aids with headphones it creates violent feedback and its really uncomfortable.
    I fully understand that kids probably need this limit to save their hearing...I'm all for it. But is there an exception for violating the rights of someone disabled? I don't wanna sound like a whiner, but I'm a rocker and love music to keep me going at work all day.

After this last OS upgrade I get:
    "time allowance at high volume exceeded (20 hours per month!)"
    And every app makes me confirm that I understand my headphones are at max! I must check "ok" and "I understand" each time I want to listen to mp3 or Pandora.
    Is there any help out there?
    Even some kind of (good) PR representative contact info for RIM would be helpful at this point.
    I hate puling the "blue placard" for something so simple, but damn. There should be a way for us to sign our hearing way with a document or website code or something.
    Thanks all in advance for any help.
    Sincerely,
    SB

P I'm on a BB Bold 9900 with Verizon. 7.1.0 Bundle 2879
    01-11-14 05:08 PM
    Can't you disable that in the media settings? Been a while since I used OS 7 but pretty sure you can disable the warnings.
    01-11-14 08:13 PM
    Can't you disable that in the media settings? Been a while since I used OS 7 but pretty sure you can disable the warnings.
    ______
    Thanks for the reply,
    That's what I had originally done. However, Verizon did an OS Upgrade about 2 months ago.
    The only thing I could find under media now was the "headphone eq" I can turn it on and select loud or "rock" but that makes the stupid 20 hour limit go by faster! Which is about three days of music for me...the rest of the month I get "nanny" alerts every time I open Pandora or media player. *sigh. Problem is that I really like this phone. Guess I'll have to upgrade phones sooner than later. It is a 9930, sorry. (7.1 bundle 2879- ver 7.1.0.1066-platform 5.1.0.699) it says this is the most up-to-date software for the phone.
    01-12-14 12:35 PM
    hi there,

perhaps you could downgrade to your earlier version of BlackBerry OS?
    01-12-14 12:45 PM
    Thanks, maybe I'll try that. ~nice quote.
    S
    Cesare21 likes this.
    01-12-14 02:35 PM
    I have the same issue. I was using my 9930 daily for music until that last update. Its so frustrating, I've dumped all my MP3's on my old Pearl and use that with a decent volume. But verizon, please tell me your not ok with this?
    We buy BB because they work and work well... We use Verizon (8yrs for me) because your network compliments the BB experience with great service. Now you decide how long and how loud I can play my own music files. Not a mention of that restriction prior to my update and not a setting that can be saved and forgotten according to your support. I get it, but how hard is it to let us have the option 'don't ask me again'. I'm against downgrading as updates are for enhancements and bug fixes so I'm sure I benefit from those. But they don't stop me in my tracks every 20hrs either.
    So I've said my bit. Die hard BB user and loyal VZW subscriber and now a anoyed customer.
    If I'm forced to keep using my pearl in addition to carrying my phone then I will find my own solution elsewhere... Which just sucks
    01-16-14 01:16 AM