So I try to change the volume when a song is playing but the volume keys on the right do not work. I tried pressing real hard on the volume key, but it just fully restarts my Blackberry as if I did the control alt delete on it... Everytime.
    If I press it light, it does not do anything at all, If I press it hard, it restarts.
    Does anybody know how I can fix this, or any suggestions?
    09-10-11 07:51 PM
    Have you dropped your blackberry? Recently changed the housing? It could be a dislocated membrane, I had to palm mine a few times to relocate them. Totally annoying and it bugs the **** out of me when they didn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 06:48 AM
    LOL
    Yeah.. I dropped it It slipped out my hands.. Hit the car.. Then fell on the concrete..
    It also gives me an error "Uncaught Exception:Java.lang.ArrayStoreException whenever I start up my Blackberry.
    How'd you fix your volume keys?
    09-11-11 05:54 PM
    LOL
    Yeah.. I dropped it It slipped out my hands.. Hit the car.. Then fell on the concrete..
    It also gives me an error "Uncaught Exception:Java.lang.ArrayStoreException whenever I start up my Blackberry.
    How'd you fix your volume keys?
    The javascript error, if it doesn't affect normal usage, then it can be safely dismissed. I get many of those from time to time.

I'd take it to the carrier's store for a repair, since you won't need to replace it, if it's still under warranty.

09-11-11 06:05 PM
    The javascript error, if it doesn't affect normal usage, then it can be safely dismissed. I get many of those from time to time.

I'd take it to the carrier's store for a repair, since you won't need to replace it, if it's still under warranty.

Uhm... I took the warranty sticker off, because I replaced the keyboard and such.
    Is it because the board is shifted over or something?
    Could it be something that I could fix if I could open up my blackberry my self?

09-11-11 08:01 PM
    Uhm... I took the warranty sticker off, because I replaced the keyboard and such.
    Is it because the board is shifted over or something?
    Could it be something that I could fix if I could open up my blackberry my self?

You've voided the warranty. If you know what you're doing, go right ahead. If not, the nearest repair shop can solve the problem and realign the volume key's membranes.

09-11-11 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD