I have a Blackberry Bold that was given to me by a friend in the industry with the know issue that the voume control buttons did not work. Is there a way to adjust the speakerphone and media player volume without using the volume control buttons on the side? I have searched all over and cannot find any information about an internal menu or something of the sort. Thanx in advance for the help.
    12-08-08 11:35 PM
    No there isn't. I have this issue as well.
    I've found that if you press down on the aluminum edge that houses those buttons, they work flawlessly. If it weren't for this, I'd have bitten the bullet and sent my phone in for repair.
    12-09-08 04:20 AM
    God bless you!!! That has rectified the problem!! Thanx a million!
    12-09-08 04:26 PM
    God bless you!!! That has rectified the problem!! Thanx a million!
    Wow. I am so glad about this. Congrats!
    12-09-08 08:27 PM
    thank you so much...

just found this thread and was having same problem. all of a sudden the buttons don't work, but when I found this and tried, works like a champ. saved a big hassle of repair lol.

still kind of hated that on a $600 phone, cant use the buttons, have to press the housing lmao.....
    07-12-09 01:45 PM
    thank you so much...

just found this thread and was having same problem. all of a sudden the buttons don't work, but when I found this and tried, works like a champ. saved a big hassle of repair lol.

still kind of hated that on a $600 phone, cant use the buttons, have to press the housing lmao.....
    you don't wonder why it is that if you press the housing it works? tighten the screws. sounds like a bad contact
    07-12-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD