For some reason, I don't know how long it's been going on like if it's been after i upgraded to .247 or even before, but when i receive a voicemail, I don't get any notification that I have one. Like the little box on the top of the screen, or the alert box that comes up letting you know you have a new voicemail. Does anyone know how to get that back or fix it? I just checked my voicemail and noticed I had 12 unheard messages
    03-16-09 02:31 PM
    any ideas or suggestions? anything?
    03-16-09 03:01 PM
    Visual Voicemail is installed on .247 OS. You need to delete the application in order for your regular notification to show up again when you receive a new voice mail.

And by the way, visual voicemail isn't available yet.

You can delete it using CrackMem created by Pete6. You'll find the thread very easily through a search.
    03-16-09 03:03 PM
    thanks alot POE! ya i know you can't use the visual voicemail yet but i didn't know it was causing me to not get my voicemails regularly...thanks! =)
    03-16-09 03:05 PM
    Easier than CrackMem:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.247_P4.0.0.206 and find the file net_rim_bb_vmm.alx

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm.alx. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file either by hitting Ctrl-S, clicking on Save under the File menu, or exiting and clicking yes when asked if you want to save. Do not click on Save As. (VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.247_P4.0.0.206.)

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating
    03-16-09 03:14 PM
    Easier than CrackMem:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.247_P4.0.0.206 and find the file net_rim_bb_vmm.alx

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm.alx. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file either by hitting Ctrl-S, clicking on Save under the File menu, or exiting and clicking yes when asked if you want to save. Do not click on Save As. (VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.247_P4.0.0.206.)

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating
    this worked for me thanks alot. didn't noticed it till after i had a few missed voicemails
    03-16-09 09:15 PM
    I have done the steps you have posted on but sadly it did not fix the problem =/ any more suggestions ?
    09-05-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD