Hey guys, first post here! Anyways just picked up the new bold 9900 (loving it) recently and I have decided to start recording my university lectures. Anyways, as is, the 9900 puts a 5 min max on the recording and it forces me to keep pressing record over and over. Anyways I read that you need to record to media card and not device, however I tried this and it still stops at 5 min (maybe I am doing it wrong). Can anybody here explain how to extend the recording on this new phone and do I need to purchase a micro sim? Also, if you could explain how to upload it on my computer to save space on my phone, that would be aprreciated.

Thanks!
    10-05-11 08:33 PM
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. It is always a good idea to save everything that you can on a media card. You will need a MicroSD Card. If your phone did not come with one, then you should purchase one right away.

With your media card on your Berry, it's as simple as connecting your device to your PC. Windows should recognize your Media card as a removable drive.

With respect to increasing the recording time. As you can see from my screenshot. You can record longer than 5 minutes. I have never tried saving my VN on my device, so I am unsure if that would cause a limit.

poutineboy likes this.
    10-05-11 09:23 PM
    Hi, and welcome to the forum. It is always a good idea to save everything that you can on a media card. You will need a MicroSD Card. If your phone did not come with one, then you should purchase one right away.

With your media card on your Berry, it's as simple as connecting your device to your PC. Windows should recognize your Media card as a removable drive.

With respect to increasing the recording time. As you can see from my screenshot. You can record longer than 5 minutes. I have never tried saving my VN on my device, so I am unsure if that would cause a limit.

Click to view quoted image
    thanks for the great reply, I will probably go and pick one up soon. Anyways, how do I change the voice notes such that it saves to media card and not device. I went to "media options" and changed "download Podcast files" to Media Card but I cant figure out how to change this for "voice notes"
    10-05-11 09:51 PM
    thanks for the great reply, I will probably go and pick one up soon. Anyways, how do I change the voice notes such that it saves to media card and not device. I went to "media options" and changed "download Podcast files" to Media Card but I cant figure out how to change this for "voice notes"
    I have never tried without having a card installed, but you want to go to;
    Options>>Device>>Storage and make sure 'Media Card Enabled' is checked.
    poutineboy likes this.
    10-05-11 10:05 PM
    thanks a lot. I will buy a micro sim tomorrow and it should work
    10-05-11 11:41 PM

Click to view quoted image

my voicenote recorder isnt in the media file. i could however, search it and it shows up in the search interface. but i cannot move it or anything, would you know where i could locate that in file and move it into the media folder?
    Last edited by LonestarGenesis; 10-14-11 at 04:36 PM.
    10-14-11 04:31 PM
    I found this on another website and it really helped:

KB21337 Maximum recording length in the Voice Notes application

Voice note recording using a media card
    Voice notes that are recorded to a media card are limited to a maximum of 60 minutes. Upon reaching 60 minutes, the the Voice Notes application saves the file and automatically starts recording another voice note.

Voice note recording using internal media memory
    Voice notes that are recorded to a BlackBerry� smartphone with internal media memory are limited to a maximum of 5 minutes. Upon reaching the maximum time limit for recording, the Voice Notes application stops recording and does not start recording a new voice note.

Voice note recording using on-board device memory
    Voice notes that are recorded to a BlackBerry smartphone with only on-board memory are limited to a maximum of 90 seconds. Upon reaching the maximum time limit for recording, the Voice Notes application stops recording and does not start recording a new voice note.

Additional Information

***************** If the BlackBerry smartphone is security locked while recording a voice note, the recording pauses and then is resumed when the BlackBerry smartphone is unlocked.
    04-08-13 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD