Whats up everybody! I'm sporting a BB Bold running .247 software. For some reason or other I dont get the voice mail indication when somebody leaves me a voice mail. This has been going on for about a month or so. Didn't really need it until just the other day where my boss called and changed some stuff and I didn't get the message until WAY late and get my *** chewed at work.

Called AT&T they attempted to reset my voice mail stuff. That was a flop so I figured Id as here. Anybody got any ideas or am I just assed out? Thank in advance.
    07-02-09 10:24 AM
    Search for visual voicemail fix. Don't have the link handy.
    07-02-09 10:26 AM
    Atts official os doesn't load visual voicemail. Since you stated you are running .247 you need to modify a file which makes the visual voicemail a nonrequired option. As stated above just search for it and you should* find what you need

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 10:36 AM
    Sweet, I just read the thread from searching and will try this out when I get home.

One question, if I upgrade, which I plan to do tonight, will I still need to make this change or does the newer software fix it for me?
    07-02-09 10:41 AM
    Sweet, I just read the thread from searching and will try this out when I get home.

One question, if I upgrade, which I plan to do tonight, will I still need to make this change or does the newer software fix it for me?
    Nope, you still have to remove it.
    07-02-09 11:06 AM
    I have AT&T and .282 fixed this for me.
    07-02-09 12:15 PM
    This works as well...

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and find the file 'net_rim_bb_vmm'.

2) Use notepad to edit net_rim_bb_vmm. Find and change "required" from true to false. This will allow vmm to be uncheck and unselected instead of forced in the install or upgrade process.

3) Save the file - VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

4) Start Desktop manager

5) Connect Bold

6) Go to Apploader - use Add/Remove Programs

7) uncheck the Visual Voice Mail box

8) proceed with updating
    07-02-09 03:39 PM
    This works as well...

3) Save the file - VISTA USERS PLEASE NOTE: If you have trouble saving the file from notepad, save it to the desktop and then manually move it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\
    THANK YOU from Vista users everywhere...
    07-02-09 03:47 PM
    Fixed indicator and upgraded software! Thanks for all the help everybody. Now time to clean up old themes & apps and get new themes and updated apps! Then off to Las Vegas to impress random girl with new blackberry stuff . Hahaha J/k. Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by SkinnyB; 07-02-09 at 09:41 PM.
    07-02-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD