How do i set up the number of rings on my phone, before it goes to voicemail ? Can't find this in instruction book, or voicemail prompts on phone. My carrier is AT&T. Thanks for any help.
    05-30-10 08:41 PM
    You cannot change the length of ringing before going to voicemail. It might be possible to have it changed if you contact AT&T. I am not sure. I know some carriers will change it if you call them, but I never called AT&T to find out. You could try contacting them to see if they will change it. If it is possible, it is something that has to be done on their end.
    05-30-10 08:52 PM
    You cannot change the length of ringing before going to voicemail. It might be possible to have it changed if you contact AT&T. I am not sure. I know some carriers will change it if you call them, but I never called AT&T to find out. You could try contacting them to see if they will change it. If it is possible, it is something that has to be done on their end.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try tomorrow, but being it's a holiday, maybe Tuesday would be better.
    05-30-10 09:15 PM
    why not just press ignore when receiving a call?
    05-31-10 04:53 AM
    why not just press ignore when receiving a call?
    Maybe he wants it to ring for longer than the standard 5? (i believe its 5, at least here in Kanadia)

And it has to be done on the carrier end. Did it for my moms Bell phone awhile back
    05-31-10 05:07 AM
    ATT will do it for you online - just call customer service and they can extend the ringing to around 30 secs before VM picks up. Very important if you're using vibe+tone, as you'll only hear 1-2 rings unless you extend it, then you'll get ~3
    05-31-10 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD