I recently purchased an Altec Lansing Orbit, portable speaker. It comes with a pig-tailed 3.5mm plug for use "in any compatible mobile phone or mp3 player". However, when I plug it in to my Bold, the phone recognizes it as a headset and constantly pops up the Voice Command prompt and asks me for a command, pausing my music or video. This is very annoying.

Is there anyway to disable voice dialing all together, like get rid of it?
    Or does anyone know how to make the Bold recognize the speaker as a speaker and NOT as a headset?

Any help will do....by the way, Orbit speaker=very good sound quality for under $40 for anyone that's been contemplating. Returned by MotoRokr stereo speakers for the Orbit's mono speaker and got much better sound quality. Go figure.
    12-21-08 03:58 PM
    I think I have this same issue and it is driving me insane. I'm using slacker on my Blackberry and love it. However, I have the intermittent issue of when I plug my 3.5mm plug from my car's audio in to the Blackberry Bold it enables the Voice Dialing. It sometimes won't do it at all. Other times it shows up 10 minutes after driving. Other times it will enable the Voice Dialing every minute for about 15 times! There isn't any rhyme or reason to it. I would rather not completely remove Voice Dialing for fear it could exhibit other issues. This is a brand new Bold by the way and Voice Dialing is disabled in the Options. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is there a special cable I should be using maybe?
    Last edited by JPW1; 07-07-09 at 04:34 PM.
    07-07-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD