Is the BlackBerry Bold supposed to be able to browse the internet at the same time as being on a voice call? I'm on o2-UK and I cannot.

Also, on many occasions people have reported trying to call me and it went straight to voicemail, even when my phone is on and not connected to a voice call? Does this happen to anyone else?
    06-16-09 03:48 PM
    I'm able to browse and carry on a call simultaneously as long as I'm in a 3G location (and not connected to wi-fi). If in a wi-fi area, I can do both if NOT in a 3G location.
    06-16-09 03:55 PM
    I used to be able to do both but the last time I've tried I received a message announcing I couldn't.Don't know why.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 03:58 PM
    Yep, works fine here. As Stephen said (WB!), it must be in a 3G area.
    06-16-09 04:09 PM
    I just tried to do that on mine but it says it cant do it until the voice call is ended. I just tried to go to a random website while on a call. I have 4 bars of 1XEV.

I also tried to send a BBM, but it looks like it waits until the call is done to actually send it.

that isnt normal is it?
    06-16-09 04:40 PM
    You can not access voice and data at the same time if on edge or gprs, but it should drop to data to handle voice and then reconnect when done. Very strange that it handles data over voice. Once you in a 3G area give voice and data a try... At the same time (deep slow voice)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I am not in a stable 3G area right now so maybe that is why I cant.

So when someone calls me and it goes straight to voicemail, would this be because I'm receiving data at the same time and I am not in a 3G area?
    Yes you must be in a 3G location to handle both at the same time.
    06-16-09 04:48 PM
    I just tried to do that on mine but it says it cant do it until the voice call is ended. I just tried to go to a random website while on a call. I have 4 bars of 1XEV.

I also tried to send a BBM, but it looks like it waits until the call is done to actually send it.

that isnt normal is it?
    It's normal for Verizon. Verizon's 3G network doesn't handle simultaneous voice and data.
    06-16-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD