Pre-ordered on Wednesday and delivered by ParcelForce 14.55pm today friday. Have waited so long for this phone, 8310 Curve, 8900 Curve, Bold 9000, Bold 9700 black and white, Torch 9800, Playbook and now may I present the dogs bollocks the Bold 9900. Came with a new type of charger - so small I thought part of it was missing - and the leather pouch. Will take my time and migrate tonight.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-12-11 09:13 AM
    Enjoy. $&$))()$&&!
    08-12-11 09:15 AM
    Blargh. Have fun Let us know how it goes please.
    08-12-11 09:20 AM
    Gargh why can't Orange at least say when it's going to be available...

I can't be bothered dealing with their upgrade staff at the moment
    08-12-11 09:24 AM
    Lovely jubbly.

Give us a quick review when you're done migrating (and what apps didn't make the jump).

Especially want to know different people's opinions on the supposedly TOO clicky keyboard.
    08-12-11 09:32 AM
    posting this in here as well to make it easy to search -

Fyi for everyone on voda - i just unlocked mine - �1.99 off a chap of ebay.

Slight change in unlock instructions from older bb's, if the standard sim card/mepd/mep2 doesnt work (i.e. no popup screen on mep2) then just stick the other non authorised sim card in the phone, turn it on and it will ask you automatically for an mep code.
    Chri55y likes this.
    08-12-11 11:37 AM
    just got mine form parcel force today also.

they must have been busy today
    08-12-11 01:07 PM
    just got mine form parcel force today also.

they must have been busy today
    08-12-11 01:10 PM
    Hi

For those of you who have got BB9900 from Vodafone can you please tell me, does the home screen have a wallpaper with the VF logo?

Alex
    08-12-11 02:05 PM
    Hi

For those of you who have got BB9900 from Vodafone can you please tell me, does the home screen have a wallpaper with the VF logo?

Alex
    Yes it does. There's no Vodafone branding on the handset itself, though.
    08-12-11 02:44 PM
    Got mine today on upgrade from Bold 9700. Very impressed. It is amazing how quickly I've adapted to having a touch screen available.
    A couple of questions for fellow Vodafone users.
    1. Does your handset offer the opportunity to change screen orientation? I can and it often reboots in 'landscape' mode and I have change it to portrait using the context menu on the home screen. This could be due to the video (see below) which seems to cause the orientation change on start up.
    2. Everytime I boot, I get a Vodafone video, but it shows in landscape mode and I can't seem to prevent it from showing - any ideas how to stop it?
    08-12-11 05:05 PM
    I picked mine up from my local Vodafone store today too

I've had a little 'Play' with it but not had chance to load all from my 9700 onto it I've got all weekend now to do that though.
    I'm stunned at how thin it is! :O the back is awesome too!

Mine has the VF splash screen but no branding on the device itself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 05:49 PM
    Can anyone with a VF UK unit please tell me where it was manufactured?

Hoping they're from Hungary and not Mexico...

TIA

08-12-11 06:16 PM

TIA

It's Hungary. Why?
    08-12-11 06:17 PM
    It's Hungary. Why?
    That's great, thanks!

Just wondered because I've never had a problem with Hungarian made BB's before, but the Mexican made ones were garbage (eg Storm 1 screen issues and 9780 keypad stutter)

08-12-11 06:22 PM
    mine is from hungry and i'm loving it, been playing on it non stop since 9am this morning
    08-12-11 07:48 PM

Hungary here...UK VF
    08-13-11 02:23 AM
    Now regretting, why didn't I pre-order? Good to see so many people happy with 9900. What OS does it come loaded with on Voda UK?

08-13-11 07:12 AM
    Now regretting, why didn't I pre-order? Good to see so many people happy with 9900. What OS does it come loaded with on Voda UK?

Get onto Carphone Warehouse and pre order with them..... You'll have it by Thursday

08-13-11 07:37 AM
    I was suprised that they are made in hungary.. Thought it would be korean or chinese rubbish.

Loving mine so far, made the jump to voda from o2, but can't get H+ or 3g in my shop on voda... Slightly miffed, but hey should be working!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-13-11 07:48 AM
    mine is from hungry and i'm loving it, been playing on it non stop since 9am this morning
    How do you check where it was manufactured from?
    08-13-11 08:09 AM
    How do you check where it was manufactured from?
    On the lable on the box or the one under the battery.

08-13-11 08:19 AM
    On the lable on the box or the one under the battery.

Ah, thanks for that.

Myn is from Hungary 2.
    08-13-11 09:32 AM
    I was suprised that they are made in hungary.. Thought it would be korean or chinese rubbish.

Loving mine so far, made the jump to voda from o2, but can't get H+ or 3g in my shop on voda... Slightly miffed, but hey should be working!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    to be very clear, i dont think H+ will show on any UK model, as thats on HSDPA+ 14.4Mbps signal, considering vodafones main 3G speeds are 3.6Mbps and 7.2Mbps you probably wont see it. as for not seeing 3G, well signal is all down to location i guess.

for example the town by me is 3G 3.6Mbps, and where i live is EDGE, so `it`ll hit xxx speed` is not really relevant, your speed is always the max of the cell tower your connected to.

also, to the person that asked, 9900 Vodafone UK model comes with .296 installed
    08-13-11 09:59 AM
    I juest spoke to Voda upgrade team. The worst service ever. I am on 40 pound a month and wanted to get 9900 as upgrade. The said that I have to pay 160 pounds for BB. And new customer, according to they website, with the same tariff has to pay 130..... I would love to say goodbye to them, but so far only Voda offeres 12 month contract
    08-13-11 10:05 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD