Hello,

I have a AT&T unlocked bold 9700. I am currently using the os 5.0.0.979. I wanted to upgrade to OS6 and since im in India now i am using the Vodafone network which has launched OS6 upgrade. However everytime i connect and try to Auto Update via BB Desktop for Mac or Windows it does not show the upgrade. Even after downloading the file from Vodafone and installing the same and following the procedure as laid down by Crackberry OS 101 it still does not install the OS6.

I would like some help on this please. Also would like to know if the OS.6.0.0.380 is a reliable OS to upgrade to. I have no problems with the OS5 currently and wouldnt mind sticking with it but just thought id like to use the new functionality of the OS6.

Thanks for your help.
    03-31-11 05:40 AM
    Just go ahead & try any of the leaked os, i personally use .461. Delete the vendor.xml file and ur good to go. Dont be at the mercy of your carrier or they will keep u waiting.
    In india, ur carrier would even get back saying that they dont support os 6 for 9700. They have no idea how it works.
    03-31-11 08:36 AM
    I was facing the same problem and I sold it to my friend.
    03-31-11 10:18 AM
    Just go ahead & try any of the leaked os, i personally use .461. Delete the vendor.xml file and ur good to go. Dont be at the mercy of your carrier or they will keep u waiting.
    In india, ur carrier would even get back saying that they dont support os 6 for 9700. They have no idea how it works.

Thanks but dont want to go for a Leaked OS. I prefer staying with the network certified "safe" OS, even though it could be **** and i might shift back to OS 5.
    03-31-11 01:10 PM
    Thanks but dont want to go for a Leaked OS. I prefer staying with the network certified "safe" OS, even though it could be **** and i might shift back to OS 5.

I have a couple of friends who are using OS6 on Vodafone & i am using it with aircel , no trouble at all. Yes u will need to shrink the os so that you have enuf space.

Take a back up if ur not happy u can always go back to what u have.
    03-31-11 02:16 PM
    Thats the problem with BB users in India. They would not be scared to buy a unlocked phone from a different carrier but would be scared to upgrade the software which is pretty legal and safe. If you are having a problem to download the software from Vodafone dont do it trust me i tried it and my phone crashed but you could very safely download any other update for OS 6 and your phone would be just alright with all the great features. Try downloading from the reliable weblink here BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites on this link you have links for all the service providers/carriers. Except for Vodafone Essar in the Asia region all the updates are superb
    07-22-11 12:25 AM
    For your information, leaked or official OS's, were once leaked, before a carrier, regardless of where they originated or had experience, chooses to take responsibility to help people with the leaked OS's bugs and glitches. .380 is such a bad release, I am so glad I haven't used that ever again.

Leaked: Official, but not supported by any carrier.
    official: Once leaked, but now supported by the carriers who chose to offer support for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD